Tamika Rowland (Ch.1)

Tamika Rowland

“I really do not want to talk about  this J.R.” my husband was getting on my first and last nerve trying to give me his “excuses” as to why he couldn’t perform last night in the bedroom. This wasn’t going to justify anything so I don’t know why he insisted on telling me his reasons behind all of this madness. I was trying to forget being that I was so sexually frustrated it was ridiculous, but he just kept bringing it up, pissing me off to the brink of pisstivity.

“Tamika you haven’t spoken to me since last night and its 6 in the evening, baby something like this can’t go unspoken about” he states as he follows me into the kitchen. I was preparing to make dinner for the night, sis and her family were coming over for dinner as usual, and this was our weekend routine. It was my turn this Saturday night to also watch the kids so that they can have their one on one time together. I was going to make smothered pork chops and rice.

“It’s because I don’t have shit to say to you J.R.” I laugh. I couldn’t contain myself; it just kind of slipped out. The shit was eating at me so much that I couldn’t help but to laugh about it.

“Why are you laughing” he asks me. I looked at him as I began to take the pork chops out of the package and into the sink for seasoning. He really wanted me to answer him.

“The shit is sad Jerome, that’s why I’m laughing. I’m your wife and there shouldn’t be a reason as to why you can’t perform in the bedroom…ever! I don’t know if I should be more pissed off at you or my damn self” I state as season the pork chops.

“If you would have been listening to me you would know that it’s not you bay. . . I just-“he fades off.

“I already know for damn sure it isn’t me, so whatever it is that you have going on you need to fix it J.R. and pretty damn fast. I didn’t sign up for this bullshit” I state shaking my head as my phone begins to ring.

“Remember your vows Tamika” he states as he takes over the pork chops.

“what the fuck ever” I mumble to myself as I blow him off to pick up my cell phone that lied in the living room on the table. It was my baby daddy Frank. I was with him two years after I graduated from high school, which was when I was 19. I graduated at 17. We didn’t last long though. We lasted roughly a good 5 months and within that time frame I got pregnant with my first born, Tiffany West. She was a spitting image of me and also had my smart ass mouth. I wish she could have at least got that from her father. Frank, being the controlling bastard that he is, didn’t want his daughter being raised by another man, so he took full custody of her. Back then I didn’t fight for custody of my daughter, I was too busy with getting into college and law school and doing some things I shouldn’t have been doing and I wouldn’t want my daughter to have grown up seeing that.

“How may I help you Frank?” I ask as soon as I pick up the phone.

“We need to talk T” he states.

“About what?” I ask him.

“Tiffany” he responds back quickly. What did she do now?

“What about her?” I ask him.

“She’s coming to stay with you” he says flat out. I must have choked on my own spit or something but all I know is that when I heard him say that I suddenly fall into a coughing frenzy.

“What?” I act like I didn’t hear him correctly.

“I gave her an option either she goes to stay with you or she goes to stay with my mother. I’m not doing it no more, all the smart talk and back talk all the lip, nah she can go on somewhere with that shit I’m not having it” he states.