Chapter 1

We live in a world where humans like to discover and make things. Out of curiosity, we continue to explore things that we never thought existed.

We are smart.

Smart enough to make things that we never thought we could!

But we're too smart...

"Alright class! So, Next month is going to be the math and science month! And every year each grade level has an event called the "Science Fair"! You are all required to enter this event especially you seniors enable for you to graduate! You have to find a science topic, any kinds of topic will do as long as it's related with science! and make a presentation about it! It's your choice whether you work it with a group, a partner or just by yourself! This is 55% in your grades! So all of you must do it. This will be present in the gym on the 2nd week of September!, so any questions?" The teacher smiled.

The teacher was explaining about the upcoming event that was gonna happen on next month.

Everybody was looking at each other and looked at the teacher. Everything was silent until,

A soft voice spoke up

"Um, miss? Are we supposed to experiment it first and answer our hypothesis or... are we going to experiment it in front of everybody and then answer our hypothesis on the day of the presentation?" A girl asked.

"You have to experiment it first. That's the whole point of the event. All of you must discover and make things and show it to the people! Act like you're some kind of scientist or something" the teacher answered.

Everybody started groaning and silently complaining, they knew how the science fair was a pain in the ass.

You have to pay the materials, you have to research a topic for hours and you have to experiment it and answer the questions you made for the topic.

That was not everyone's forte

"Alright, alright stop complaining everyone" the teacher clapped twice to capture the students attention.

"You don't have a choice! Or else if you don't do it you're gonna fail this semester and take remedial classes for a month!"

They all continue to groan.

But I had no problem with that since... I love science.

I love experimenting! Discovering! Making new things! And researching!

It was like my hobby!

...Oops, I forgot to introduce myself!

My name is Min y/n and I'm 17 years old! I'm in my senior year and I study at Sejong university. I've been studying here since my freshmen year!

My dad was a scientist but he died due to cardiac arrest...

My mom owns a small black bean noodle shop.

I'm not your typical nerdy or popular or poor girl. To be honest, Im just like an average person. A person that wants to be a scientist one day.

And no, I'm not getting bullied, but I can say that I'm an outcast. The reason why? Every teacher here in school likes me. Favouritism at its finest. I was being sarcastic if you didn't know

But I'm used to it. I have friends though! So I'm not entirely alone or all by myself.

The moment I heard the bell ring I immediately stand up, grab my things and dashed out.

Today's lunch menu was takoyaki! And I love takoyaki! Everybody loves takoyaki. That's why I immediately ran towards the cafeteria so that i won't have to wait in a long line and run out of takoyaki.