The Unusual Romance

"Okay new school, I'm a sophomore that's good." Alice said to herself quietly on the bus. Alice was a tall, flaming red-head, she's boisterous but she's motherly, she loves all sorts of sports. Alice wore colorful clothes, she had colorful shoes, pants, and she even had a purple plaid button-up, but Alice wore lots of neutral bracelets and necklaces, she had gotten them from friends and mostly family.

Alice finally got to her new school, Newlocke High school, Alice, with her head cocked; looking confused looked at her new school. The school was abstractly dull. It was a two-story building that even though it had right-angled corners the rooms were in weird places. She walked over to the office and saw her name on one of the schedules and took it off the clip. When she got it off she had accidently dropped it, a girl had walked up to pick up hers and had noticed Alice and heldped her, but bonked heads, they both looked up.

"Sorry didn't mean to." Alice said rubbing her head as if it would make it better.

"Isis." Isis said scratching her head.

"Huh, what?" Alice said confused.

"My name, is Isis," Isis said putting her hand out for a handshake, but Alice looked kind of confused, Isis said "Oh sorry, um, high-five?"

"Sure, my name is Alice." Alice said putting her hand out. Isis was about as tall as Alice and a dirty blonde, she's courageous but very down to Earth, Isis wore neutral colors whether it's blacks, grays, darks, or even just whites, but her favorite color's weird because it's green, any type; neon, dark, grass or even just green

Alice and Isis looked at each other for a little trying to figure out what to say to each other and finally.

"Hi, sorry maybe we should reintroduce ourselves." Alice said still slightly confused. Alice got up and then picked up Isis.

"Hi, I'm Isis." Isis said putting her hand out for a high-five.

"Hi, I'm Alice." Alice said high-fiving her. They took a bit of time trying to figure out what to say to each other.

"So, you want to walk with me?" Isis said.

"Sure, hey do you think you could show me to my classes because I don't know where anything is, also I'm kind of turned around because somebody," Alice said sarcastically and pointedly at Isis "bonked my head." They both started to laugh and everyone around looked at them strangely as if they were doing something wrong.

"Totally," Isis said noticing and looked at hers and Alices schedules "hey we have the same classes, so yes I can show you to all of your classes." Alice was happy and smiling.

"Okay, well where are we going first?" Alice asked still kind of laughing.

"Yes, how about music since it's our first class, also we should probably get out of here." Isis said looking around at everyone that was giving her a dirty look.

They had gone through a week of dirty looks and insults from all sorts of people, except the teachers, because the teachers were oblivious.

"You okay?" Alice said to Isis, crying. They were in the super dull bathroom holding each other making sure they were each okay.

"Yeah, I'm used to the dirty looks and insults." Isis said quietly feeling as if someone was going to come in any second, but they didn't.

"Okay just making sure." Alice said getting up and wiping the tears from her face quite pissed-off like.

"You better now?" Isis asked Alice as she got up.

"A bit," Alice said tiredly "you know my mom always says 'When someone insults or picks on you it means they either like you or they want to feel better about themselves.' and I've always believed it, up until now." Alice said. Alice had walked out of the bathroom and went to her next class. Isis had waited until the bell had rung to go to her next class with Alice which was English.

All through class Isis had been getting notes passed to her because she made sure Alice wouldn't get any stupid notes. Isis actually had a garbage that was specifically for the stupid notes she got from other students. These notes had said things that were just cruel, so cruel that it made Isis just want to die every day, every time she read one. Isis thought to herself 'I've seen what a week did to Alice, what's a month going to do or even a year, I don't think I can handle another year of this.' Alice looked over at Isis and was thinking about all the harm that was being done unto them even though they didn't do anything wrong.

Another week had gone past same thing, another and another. Half-way through school, though it seemed as if had died down enough, were as, they could walk around and sit in class and not get insulted or get dirty looks.

They had come up with a petition called "If you have respect then we should get it too" because a dance was coming up and they just wanted to go as friends but, for some reason it wasn't cool. So they just went through school and at the end of the day Alice went to Isis' house just to hang out. When they had gotten to her house and into her room Alice noticed the garbage can that said in big bold letters "NOTES" on the front.

"What's that?" Alice said pointing it out.

"Oh nothing, here, come, sit." Isis said patting a spot on her bed for Alice.

"Oh, okay." Alice said knowing that that was the only thing she wanted to hear. Alice sat down with Isis and they just talked for hours on end until they fell asleep, Isis on the floor and Alice on the bed, both too tired to stay awake. The next day Isis and Alice got their tickets for the dance.

"So you happy you get to go to the dance?" Isis asked

"Yes, it will be fun. Hey guess what?" Alice said happily as she and Isis walked to music.

"What?" Isis asked.

"I'm going to sing a song for Chorus today." Alice said knowing that her best friend was going to love it.

"Cool." Isis said. they got to music and during Alice sang her song and for some reason everyone loved it.

After class Isis had come up and said "Yes." to Alice and kissed her on the cheek.

Alice looked at Isis, took her head, brang it toward her and kissed her on the forhead finally understanding says "Okay." in a quiet enough voice so that just Isis could hear her. They walked away happily holding hands.