INTRODUCTION

paris trudged through the halls of hawkins middle school. winter break had just ended and this newly teen is regretting every moment of showing up anyways. but she had heard a new kid was entering school, and whether or not she would like to admit it, she needed new friends. of course, she loved ariana and cameron with everything in her heart, but she was tired of the same things. she wants new faces. sadly the blonde had no idea what would come to her after this day.
"goddamn i hope it's a hot boy," ariana pleaded while staring at the classroom door, "we need more of those in this hellhole."
"hey! im hot!" cameron nudged ariana while sticking his bottom lip out.
while this conversation was continuing, paris was staring at the timid boy with a bowl cut.
will.
she hadn't seen that boy in ages, it feels like. at least since the funeral. paris shook the deathly thought of that horrifying day from her head, even more since a unfamiliar face walked into the class.
"is that the newbie?" ariana muttered
"damn, she's pretty cute," cameron licked his lips while looking the girl up and down.
her hair was in a low ponytail, showing off her deep brown eyes. she was wearing an oversized button up that was tucked into her mid-rise jeans. she had on white converse and by her side was none other than mike wheeler. she was definitely beautiful, no doubt about it. there was something about her that made paris's heart skip a beat.
"oh i almost forgot! we have yet another person to join our curiosity voyage! ladies and gentlemen, meet wheeler's second cousin, jane.. hopper?"
"chief hopper and i are related," mike sputtered, face flushing red. obvious lie.
"wait, didn't they dance at the snowball though?" ariana asked out loud.
"i smell something fishy," cameron smirked.
"well, jane, you can take a seat right behind paris," Mr. Clarke pointed at the table behind paris, "paris raise your hand for jane!"
sighing, paris lifted her hand just enough for the dazed girl to notice. she scurried over to the seat next to the blonde, and sat down quickly.
"awh, she's shy paris.. say hi!" ariana smiled, urging her best friend to be nice. paris rolled her eyes before turning around to face jane.
"hi.. um, my name's paris," she raised her hand out for the brunette to shake.
jane looked down before slowly grasping her hand. paris felt a weird feeling inside as soon as the shy girl took ahold of her hand. she felt a spark, more importantly, she felt warmth. this immediately made paris let go of her hand.
"i am jane," jane softly replied, "your hair is pretty."
"oh!" paris turned pink, subconsciously touching her hair that she had just curled for school.
"did i do something?" jane asked worriedly, seeing paris's cheeks and ears turn a darker pink.
"no you're fine! people don't usually, yaknow, compliment anything other than my 'ass' and 'tits'," paris expressed her frustration to jane. it took the innocent girl a second to follow through, until the blonde gestured to her figure.
"nasty people." jane growled, and pointed to the group of boys at the front of the class.
"my friends aren't like that."
paris looked over at the boys, will byers, mike wheeler, lucas sinclair, and dustin henderson.
"the av kids? how do you know them?" this question caused jane to fluster up and not know how to respond. luckily, a fiery haired girl was eavesdropping and saved her profound 'enemy'.
"oh, i introduced her to my boyfriend and his friends," the redhead lies. jane looks back, giving the other girl a thankful smile, as she feels herself calm down.
paris nodded and shrugged, "oh cool. who's your boyfriend? and uh, it's max right?"
max nodded and replied, "lucas. lucas sinclair?"
"oh yeah! I saw you two together at the snowball! how cute," paris gushed.
"cute isn't the word i'd use for lucas," max groaned- causing the blondie to giggle, and for jane to smile at her contagious laugh. 'cute,' jane thought to herself.
"hey uhm, would you two and your friends wanna sit with us at lunch today?" paris asked, pointing at her two friends who had their jaws dropped over the question.
"paris newby!" Mr. Clarke called for her attention, causing the girl to whip her head around and give an overexaggerated smile.
"yes Mr. Clarke?"
"did you hear a word i've said in the past five minutes?" Clarke questioned, with a disappointed expression.
"no sir, i'm sorry."
"all is forgiven newby." Mr. Clarke sighed, sympathy obviously visible.
that is what pissed paris off the most. she hates that, other than her looks, she is only known for her dads unexpected death. mauled by an animal, they said. the closest thing she has to a parent is joyce byers, who casually visits her every few days. paris lives with no one, joyce pays for the bills which makes her feel even more guilty for having to have a single mother of two boys, struggle every day to help the blonde out.
"yeah of course!" max broke paris out of her thoughts.
paris gave the redhead a side glace while whispering, "coolio."