CHAPTER ONE

june 28, 1985

"look who finally decided to show up," paris smirked.

it has been 5 months. since then, the party has opened up about certain things. such as, jane's powers, and her real name. eleven. and that will went missing which led to els appearance, and that they called el mikes second cousin to sneak her into to middle school back in 6th grade. besides that, that's all she knows. she doesn't even know how will went missing, or basically anything else. but, paris is just happy that they accepted her into the party. she has became close with max, will, and dustin- and closer with el.
it was different with el. it was more than what she had with her other friends- like ariana and cameron. who by the way, have grown to love and accept the party.
paris and mike on the other hand- they're cool. but there's something holding the girl back from becoming actual close friends with him. it just puts her in a fit of rage when she gets deep in thought with it, so she tends to push it behind her.

"you're late" lucas crossed his arms.
"sorry!" mike exclaimed. will stood beside paris, as they exchanged looks.
eleven.
"again!"
"we're gonna miss the opening," will complained.
"yeah if you guys keep whining about it," mike set his bike down, "lets go!"
max rolled her eyes in response, as she interlocked arms with the blonde whilst speeding into the mall.
"'if yOU guYs keep WHinIng ABOut iT nyeH-NYeh-nYeH'" lucas mocked, following behind with will by his side.
"just please stop talking dude," mike groaned.
"let me guess, el?" paris frowned.
"you were busy," lucas started to make kissing noises, causing max to scrunch her nose in disgust. will trudged behind, showing a slightly visible sad expression. paris always figured will had a crush on el, he always seemed to get jealous when they were together. 'I don't blame the guy' paris subconsciously thought, not realizing what she just meant.
"oh yeah real mature lucas"
"oh el, I wish we could make out forever, and never hang out with any of our friends!" lucas teased. max started to get frustrated with lucas's constant bickering, always whining about how mike and el spent too much time together. she had to agree but, it was the summer of love.
"lucas stop," max whined, as will began to giggle to himself.
"will thinks it's funny!" lucas fought back.
"because it is," he stated a matter-of-factly.
mike was starting to get tired of the so-called 'harassment'.
"yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend romantic time with my girlfriend"
'ew', paris was disgusted. 'girlfriend? okay.'
"im spending romantic time with my girlfriend," lucas replied, wrapping his arm around max.
"why couldn't el come anyways?" paris questioned, as they squeezed through people following 'excuse me's and 'sorry's.
"her curfew is 8, and she's not rea-"
"really into horror movies. I already knew that." paris cut him off, and sighed. she missed her already. it's been a week since she saw el's adorable face. it has definitely grown on her.
mike nodded, not really paying attention and he rammed into a teenage girl.
"watch it!" she shouted.
"yeah watch it nerd," erica, lucas's sister teased. my god does paris love that girl. it's like she birthed her all on her own. they were sisters from another mister.
"isn't past your bedtime?" lucas asked with genuine confusion.
"isn't it time you die?"
"psycho!"
"butthead!"
"mall rat!"
"fart face!!"
lucas stuck his tongue out, causing paris to look at max in amusement. she returned the glance and smirked.
"oh now that was mature," max sarcastically replied, pulling onto both paris and lucas to join mike at scoops ahoy.
there, we met a very bothered robin, and an impatient mike repeatedly ringing the bell.
"hey dingus, your children are here!" robin shouted for none other than the big haired babysitter, steve harrington.
"hey rob," paris beamed.
"hi pare, how've you been?"
robin has always been like a big sister baddie to paris. ever since the mall opened up, paris had been going to scoops ahoy just to chop it up with robin. she was the best, and gave the best advice. robin even gave paris a bad bitch award.
"done with today, you?"
"ditto."
just then, steve himself open the sliding windows, visibly looking worn out.
"again? seriously?" steve asked in frustration, only to get the reply of mike ringing the bell once more.
steve ushered them through the back room and into the hallway, rushing the kids to walk faster.
"I swear if anybody hears about this-"
"we're dead!"