Chapter Four

This chapter is really special because you'll be introduced to a new character that'll have great importance in this book. 

The character is created by @ellexari :) Credit to her!

-----

Rosie's POV

" You can just throw everything here," Jamie instructed as the crew dragged one bag of gear and amplifiers after the other into the hall in which the boys would be playing tonight. It wasn't a proper arena but it could definitely hold a bigger crowd than the last time they played on British soil.

" Uh, I'll take that," George said, stopping a guy from the crew in his tracks as he grabbed the plastic bag from his hands before sitting down on the edge of the stage, taking out multiple pizza boxes.

" I'm starving," Ross said as we all gathered around the stage to grab a slice and a beer.

Tonight they were playing in London and it was clear that they had grown in popularity while being away, cause the gig had been sold out quite quickly which they were all so incredibly excited about. It seemed that they all had yet to understand their growing fame.

It was 6 pm and we were all having a bite of food before soundcheck at 7 before the crowd would be let in at 8.

" Rosie, there's a guy outside who is asking for you," Jamie said as he made his way towards us, making me lift my eyebrow in confusion. Who could possibly be asking for me?

" Uhm, ok," I said, putting down my slice of pizza into the lid of a pizza box before wiping my hands in a napkin to get rid of the oil that was sticking to my fingers.

" I'll come with you," Matty said hesitantly with an equally confused look on his face before stuffing his last bite of pizza into his mouth, not risking that it would be gone when he returned.

" Who is it?" he asked, as we walked through the backstage halls away from the rest of the band who could be heard laughing and talking somewhere behind us.

" No clue," I replied truthfully as I pushed open the door that led to the street behind the building.

There, on the pedestrian street, stood a guy with his back turned. He was wearing a pair of grey skinny jeans along with a hoodie and a blue distressed denim jacket. Although I couldn't see his face,  I could tell by the greasy hair and the clothes that it was Joseph.

" What are you doing here Joe?" I asked calmly as he turned around to face us. He looked even worse than I expected. His pupils were clearly dilated, and he had dark circles under his eyes. If it hadn't been for his cocky smile, I would have thought he was empty on the inside.

" Can't one just come to visit his sister just because he misses her?" he questioned, pulling me into an unexpected hug. I stood frozen to the ground as his arms wrapped themselves tightly around my body, pinning my arms down alongside my body. In a matter of seconds, I felt Matty grabbing my hand and pulling me away from his grasp.

I intertwined our hands, standing close to his side as I observed my brother who still had a weirdly confident smile on his face.

" I doubt that is why though," I said bluntly, looking up at Matty whose eyes seemed to be piercing Joseph, which Joseph, of course, didn't even acknowledge. He was too messed up on whatever to even realise, and it seemed there was a cloud between him and the world.

" I left mum and dad. They kept nagging me," he told, still with an idiotic smile on his face. It seemed it had frozen onto his face, blocking any kind of emotion.