Chapter 19: Day nine

Summary:

I'm sorry for how I ended the last chapter, but I needed a linny scene, a proper one...

The day of the battle had arrived.

Nine people lined on one side.

Nine hundred on the other.

A couple of seconds later, chaos rules.

Spells are flying everywhere, left right and centre. The bodies of people litter the ground, yet the nine fighters are all alive and relatively uninjured, and ignoring the blood spattering their faces.

Then tragedy strikes.

Ginny's solidified soul flies from her pocket as someone casts a finite incantem on her sticking charm.

Kingsley Shacklebolt catches it, and, face twisting, stamps down on the surface, and Ginny can only watch in horror... that was basically a dementor's kiss. His boot slams down onto the icy-looking surface and...

All of the Deathly Hallows glow fiercely, at a command from their master.

With a renewed fury, the masses attack their nine victims, Ginny's soul still in Kingsley's hands. It was a strange feeling, like a weird sucking, a pull towards her soul, which was giving tingly, slimy feelings from his grasp on it.

The spirits and Sirius fought desperately with them, never leaving. Never.

Yet Kingsley's grasp on Ginny's soul proved to be their biggest weakness, and an expelliarmus worms its way past her, finding a hole in their impenetrable shield, and hitting Harry directly in his face.

The Elder Wand flew out of his hand, up and up and up, then it fell and landed—

—directly in Kingsley's hand.

The Spirits of the Marauders turned to dust instantly, and Sirius' scream echoed across the courtyard. Kingsley only smirked and pointed the Elder Wand to Ginny's Soul, and she cried out desperately, yet knowing that the end has come. Then, a clunk, and something hit Ginny's soul and sent it hurtling back towards her...

...Luna had thrown her soul.

Luna had thrown her soul.

And Kingsley's wand pushed onwards and the beautiful blue ball that made Luna who she was shattered in his fingertips.

A pained cry echoed across the dead silent battleground, and Luna's body

s

l

o

w

l

y

toppled to the floor.

Ginny felt a strange sense of dé ja vu as she screamed "NO!" as though it would take her back to another battleground, where the dead body of a different one of her lovers hung limp in Hagrid's arms...

But nothing happened, and she was still here, Luna's dead body laying silently on the floor, blue eyes open wide and sparkling, but lifeless, soulless, empty.

A blue light swirled off Luna and into Ginny, and Ginny felt odd, like she could see the past and the future and the present, there were odd creatures everywhere, nargles screeching "She has the sight! She has the sight!" and wrackspurts making nests in people's brains, and the Frintzfergs feeding off Luna's body, and the feeling of detached power.

And she felt her rage, like a wave inside her.

And she shoved this wave at the people who killed Luna. Her darling Luna. She had never got to tell her she loved her and it was all their fault. And she wanted to make them pay.

And they would pay in blood.

The wand in Kingsely's hand shattered, and he was torn apart by the fury in her magic, body parts flying everywhere, and the army he had behind him was sent hurtling out of Hogwarts, and away from her, her and her precious Luna.

The shards of Luna's Soul lay on the floor, and Harry picked them up gently and Ginny ran to Luna.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I'm so, so, sorry, I love you, I love you so much, please, please come back, please..." she whispered brokenly to Luna for the rest of that day, and they placed her body in the Black Lake, with the creatures she had understood and looked after where nobody else had, and they would never get Luna back. There was nobody like Luna anywhere else in the world, and they understood that there never would be either. She was so unique and so different, and so gone.

And they would never get their Luna back, never ever.

And saying that felt so wrong.

Notes:

I don't know why I did that. I'm crying so hard, so so hard, WHYYYYYY I LOVE LUNA AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE GINNY ARGHHHHHHHH

And I still have to do another chapter ughhhhhhh

I hope you like this story lol