Part 1.

"Na mein Schatz," (Well sweetie) My mom sighs. "Es tut mir leid." (I'm sorry) I rolled my eyes. "Mama! Ich möchte nicht nach Amerika gehen. Ich möchte in Deutschland bleiben; Wo alle meine freunde Sind!" (Mom! I don't want to go to America. I want to stay in Germany; where all my friends are!)

"Ich weib Baby, aber ich kann nicht helfen wohin mich mein job führt." She says as we pull up to the airport. (I know baby, but I can't help where my job takes me.)

"Ja, wie auch immer." (Yeah, whatever.)

My mom sighs again and then grabs her stuff. As we walk, she tells me I'll be okay.

I can't believe she never asked me, if I wanted to go. It's like she doesn't care about my opinion. I can't believe I'm leaving all I know.

"Sie haben Englischunterricht erzählt, oder?" (You did take English classes, right?)

"Ja Mutter." (Yes Mother.)

"Sprechen sie jetzt Englisch." She demanded. I can speak really good English. My dad was English so, he taught me a lot before he passed. (Speak English right now.)

"My name is Morgan Lin and I'm 17 years old. My moms name is Beatrice Lin and she's 4-"

"Sag nicht mein alter, liebling." (Don't day my age, darling.) She laughs. I laugh with her, "Du bist keine alte mutter." (You're not old mom.)

"Betteln sich zu unterscheiden." (Beg to differ.)

I rolled my eyes. This is how me and my mom work, we have a small fight and then we joke. It's a lot more healthier than other families.

We finally got our luggage taken care of, now we have to check in. This will be fun.

•••

"Willst du das fenster?" My mom asked me before we sat down. (Do you want the window?)

"Um, yes please." I say in my English accent. I sat down while my mom started to stare at me. "What?"

"Nichts." (Nothing.)

"Can't you talk in English?"

"No shit Sherlock." She says in her best English accent.

"That's good." I laugh.

"What are you most scared of?" My mom suddenly asked with her English voice. I stared at her, what am I afraid of moving for? Besides the losing friends part.

"I think -besides the friend part- the memories. Like, we've made so many memories and that's where dad was buried. I think that's going to get me more later on, you know?"

She grabs my hand and smiles, "I understand. I really do but, I'm America, there're new people, new everything. You can restart and make more friends. This could be a big opportunity for you, Morgan. Don't underestimate it."

I smiled, "Thank you, mama."

She kissed my forehead, "Anything for you Morgan."

•••

I gotta pee. I gotta pee so bad. If mom would get her stupid head off of me, I could be peeing right now.

'That's it.'

I pushed her head off my shoulder and luckily, she's still asleep. I move past her and to the bathrooms.

The bathrooms are really small. It barley fits one human in it. As I do my business, I hear a knock of the door.