Restaurant

I stood behind the counter at the little restaurant I worked at. I looked up from the sign I had just finished making. It read:

NOW HIRING

A worker had left to travel across the country, so you had a free space, right beside me behind the counter. I had to do both of our jobs now, but I'm  fine and have fun doing it. However it got stressful at times, so I can't wait until someone applies for the job. The process isn't really long to hire someone, since it's a small restaurant you hardly need experience, especially behind the counter.

The door opened and I looked up at the new customer. He was pretty attractive, with tan skin and dark curls. He smiled as he walked up to me.

"Hello sir, what would you like to order?" I asked with a smile.

He smiled back at me, saying, "just a Ceaser Salad please!"

"Ok and is that it?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok the total is $4.99, your food will be here in a few!" I responded.

"Thank you! I have a question, actually!" He said.

"Anything!" I said.

"How can I apply for the job here? There's a sign saying you're hiring, am I right?" He asked.

"Yes you are actually, are you interested?"

"Yes, i am."

"Ok I'll speak to my manager about it and I'll come back to you as soon as possible!" I said.

"Ok that's great!"

I walked in and spoke with my manager, Sally Jackson.

Five minutes later I went out beaming.

"Sir, you got the job! You may begin whenever you like, but first I must teach you the basics of working at the counter, it's not too difficult it should take around ten to fifteen minutes!"

"Ok that's great!! Would you mind teaching me now?" He asked.

"Of course not! But your salad is ready, if you'd like to eat first."

"Ok I will, thank you so much!"

He took his salad and walked away, sitting on a table by the window. A family walked in next, ordering four burgers, a salad, two large fries, and five small fountain drinks.

After their food was prepared and given to them, the attractive man came back.

"Ok I'm ready!" He said smiling.

"Perfect! Now come here with me, it's very simple, when the people walk in remember..."

Ten minutes later I had finished explaining everything in a summary.

"Ok I'll begin work tomorrow!" He said.

"That's great, I'll be there to help you if you need help!" I said with a bright smile.

As he walked out he looked back at me saying, "well if you don't mind, can I have your number? Not in that way just as... a coworker to their coworker..."

"Of course!" I said taking his phone and typing in my number, him doing the same.

"Ok I'll see you in the morning!" He said winking and leaving.

I sighed, thinking about getting to see the good looking, kind man everyday.