Rem's Master

I do not own Re:ZERO. All rights go to Tappei Nagatsuki.

I woke up to a smell that I didn't recognize right away: a sweet cinnomon appa smell. When I opened my eyes I immediately recognized its owner, Natsuki Subaru. I felt my face heat up as I realized the position we were in. His arms were wrapped around me and I had my face buried in his chest. No matter how I moved there was no way to escape his embrace without waking him up. I attempted to slide out as smoothly as possible and he grabbed me and pulled me back up.

"Mmm. Isn't it a bit early for you to get up?" He asked quietly

"N-no, Subaru-sama." I respond equally quiet.

"Its been a while since you called me that... Rem-rin..." Subaru muttered groggily. I don't understand.

"What else does Rem call you?" I ask.

"Subar..." He fell back asleep, holding me tighter than before.

'I might as well enjoy it.' I thought to myself, then immediately buried my face into his chest. I drifted off to sleep with him.

_____

I was awakened by Subaru's movement.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." He whispered as he gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I was trying to sit up, but you were cuddled up to me so close I couldn't move without bothering you." I could feel my cheeks turn red.

"Rem is fine. Rem needed to wake up anyway. It was just to confortable lying with Subaru-sama." I admitted this while looking down at my lap.

"Sorry. I got used to it from other loops. You always slept in my bed after you had a nightmare one time. You said before, 'Rem couldn't sleep. You make Rem feel safe.' And that was that." Subaru's face flushed.

"And the kissing Rem's forehead?" I asked but I could tell the answer already.

"Every morning when I woke up, I would kiss you on the forehead. It became reflex." Subaru stood up and reached his hand out to me. "We have to get the day started. The clock says it is 08:00 AM. If Ram sees you like that," Subaru motioned to me, "I might not live to see tomorrow. She would assume I did something extreme." He sighed.

"Nee-sama is very protective of Rem." I stated in agreement and took his hand. He pulled me onto my feet and I stumbled into his arms.

"Sorry, I pulled you too hard." Subaru hugged me, and then stepped back. "Okay, you ready for the day to begin?"

"Yes, Subaru-sama." I nodded. "What are your orders?"

"Three things: 1. Call me Subaru-kun. 2. Take a bath and dress in casual clothes. And 3. Meet me back here when you are freshly clothed." He looked me in the eyes. "That is assuming that you do have causal clothes, right?"

"Rem has some. Rem will do what you have told her to do, Subaru-kun." I left his room and went to mine.

____

A/N

Okay bois and grils its ya boi Author-Nim1, comin at you with chapter 2. A bit of an explaination: if the chapter has a person's name in it, 99 times out of 100 its going to be in their POV. This chapter was "Rem's Master"
and thus in Rem's POV. There are instances where it will be 3rd person omniscient (the only form of 3rd person i will use btw) and I will say so when the POV is not first person.

Thanks for reading. Leave comments telling me of grammar/spelling mistakes.

My Subaru is more OC but that is so that it fits my story. He has lived through 6 deaths, 2 of which he died to the white whale. In the last one it was a fight with Sloth. He lost Rem, after just realizing his feelings for her. After having spent so much time with her.