Chapter 4

Zak POV

I didn't really need to go. I could tell he was onto me. If he kept talking to me about what was wrong, I was afraid I would accidentally tell him.

He didn't need to know about my problems. I was already annoying as is, no need to bother him even more.

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps. My dad was awake.

I began to panic, I ran to my door and locked it. Not now, I can't do this again.

I heard a bang in the door. "Zak! Open this door right now!"

The room seemed to get smaller and it was hard to breathe. Tears ran down my face. He was banging on the door. "Open the fucking door, you piece of shit!" He yelled. "You're a mistake. You shouldn't have been born!"

I curled up in a ball on my chair, trying to control my breathing. The banging stopped slowly and I heard footsteps away from my door.

For some reason I couldn't seem to calm down. My breathes became ragged and short. In my panic, I called the one person who I knew could calm me down. I didn't even realize what I was do until I heard his voice.

"Hello?" He said. I sobbed quietly hoping he wouldn't hear.

"Skeppy, are you crying?"

Just my luck.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked. Concern edged his voice.

You piece of shit.

You're a mistake.

You shouldn't have been born.

I couldn't get those sentences out of my head. They repeated over and over, I cried harder.

Darryl POV

"Hey. Calm down. You hear me?" I said soothingly. I heard his breathing slowdown slightly.

"See you're doing good. Keep listening to my voice." I said.

I kept comforting him until he finally calmed down. "Thanks Darryl." He said. He called me by my name. I don't why but I like it when he does that.

"No problem Skeppy."

He ended the call.