Chapter 4

I nervously wait to hear my name be called. I set in my seat and tap my pencil.

"Lexus Middleton report to the office." I slowly place my pencil down and grab my things.

"Will you be back?" Asked Sam.

"I don't know. If not do my test for me please?"

She nods and puts her eyes back on her test.  I walk down the hall past Mr.Dolans room, making a left. I see my mom and Mr.Dolan with principal Ely. I gently knock so I don't interrupt what they are talking about.

"Come on in, take a Seat Lexus." Says Mr.Ely. I set next to my mom as Mr.Dolan gives me his seat.

"I see that you are having trouble with English Ms.Middleton." Mr.Ely says typing things on his computer.

"I believe so. That's what Mr.Dolan has been telling me."

"Well you dear." He turns the computer to my mother and I.

"You currently have an F, I have know you for years and I went back to see your grades from years pass. You have never failed a class or you haven't even went pass a B."

I put my head down in disbelief.

"I guess his class is advanced for me. The other classes I take are ap classes, I don't get why his class is putting more stress on me."

"Well I hate to say this, get tutored or go to summer school. That means you lose your 3.8 gpa."

"I want to be tutored. Losing my gpa will cause me to lose my scholarships."

"Is that all right with you, ms.Middleton?" Mr.Ely says looking at my mom.

"Absolutely! I don't want her to lose anything. She deserves all she can handle!"

I picked my head up and made direct eye contact with Mr.Dolan, his eye darkened as he slowly licked his lips.

"I would say they could tutor here but after 3:30 they close and lock the school."

"We could do at our house." Said my mother.