Through Censere's Eyes

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 : 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙸 𝙶𝚘 - 𝚋𝚢 𝙱𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝙴𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑

" ʙᴜᴛ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ɪꜱ ᴘᴜʟʟɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪʟᴇꜱ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ. "

𝕄𝔼𝔾𝔸𝕋ℝ𝕆ℕ nearly deafened everyone in the surrounding area. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT ALIVE!?"

He was furious. Guilty. Brokenhearted. Soundwave could feel every emotion Megatron was going through, but the fact that he couldn't feel (Y/N)'s is what harmed him the most. He lost track of them - as if it was severed completely, and then in a few moments after, he felt the world shake beneath his pedes and he could hear them praying. He could feel what they were saying. And his spark broke when he could no longer feel them. Soundwave dropped to his knees, collapsing as his cassettes surrounded him. They were really gone.

Megatron knew Soundwave had a keen sense of hearing; so when his friend confirmed (Y/N)'s death, Megatron knew no one to blame but himself. Even then, his anger came outwards, like it always did. He grabbed Barricade by the throat, suffocating the mech.

"How could you have let them die!?" Megatron screamed.

The worst part about their death wasn't that he finally lost all that he loved. It wasn't that they left behind an after image on the corner of his optic sensors. It wasn't that they were the last light he'd ever have. It wasn't even that they had died at all! It was that (Y/N) died on Messatine. On this cursed planet that took everyone he ever loved. And the worst part was that he promised them that he would protect them... A promise he broke in less than a day.

"Lord Megatron, (Y/N) was a less armored than the rest of us. They were fragile. They were crushed and swallowed up by the planet." Shockwave explained.

"Find their body!" He ordered.

"Megatron, the mine is going to collapse right at our pedes! We can't even be here right now! We need to get away otherwise we'll be crushed along with them!"

"So be it!" He whipped around, facing the mine's entrance. "Find them!"

Soundwave finally pulled himself up to his pedes with the help of his cassettes. "Megatron..." He said, his voice barely above a whisper. "They're gone."

Energon tears began to pool under Soundwave's mask. He was almost afraid it would leak out and reveal how much he cared about them as well. "They're gone." He said again, his mechanical voice cracking.

The tyrant turned to face his old friend, a furious expression on his face-plates, all until he saw the single tear seep through the bottom of his friend's mask. Soundwave wept for their loss, the same as Megatron wished to. With a trembling frame, a sinking feeling in his tanks, a twist in his spark, he called for them to move towards their ship.