STIGMA

Taehyung stared at the cracked mirror. His knuckles were bruised from punching the glass repeatedly. He couldn't help it, he hated his reflection.

He hated the world, his father, his sister, Namjun but most of all, he hated himself.

He could hear the screams of his tortured sister.

Why won't she let me help her?

He wanted to run away from this godforsaken place. He wanted to meet up with the others in that beautiful place far away, where he could pretend that he didn't have problems.

Most of all, he wanted to meet up with Namjun hyung and walk the streets of Seoul, spray painting brick walls and running from the law.

He walked out of the bathroom. His father and sister were still arguing. He could see empty beer bottles scattered all over the floor.

Why am I so weak? Why am I so helpless?

He hid behind the door and closed his ears just like how his noona told him to do if she ever got hurt.

" Don't ever come and help me under any circumstances, okay Taehyung?" She said looking at him earnestly.

"But I don't want to see you hurt," Taehyung replied, tears spilling from his eyes.

His noona smiled sadly, " I'll be alright. You don't have to worry about me, what's more important is that you take care of yourself ."

But Taehyung had seen enough. Through the gap of the door, he could see his intoxicated father grab his sister by her hair and throw her across the room.

That was the last straw. Raw anger took over and he picked up the first thing he could get his hands on. A cracked beer bottle.

With sudden courage, Taehyung opened the door and faced his father.

He wrestled with his father who delivered a blow to his face, pushing him aside to abuse his sister even more.

As his father approached his sister who looked up at him with resigned brokenness in her eyes, Taehyung got up with difficulty.

You're not hurting her again

He rushed at his father with his arm outstretched and his father turned to face him, raising his hand to hit Taehyung again.

But at the last moment, his hand dropped. He wordlessly looked at Taehyung, asking the silent question why?

Taehyung looked down to see what he had done. He felt numb and detached like he was watching this from an outsider's point of view.

I stabbed my father. I killed him.

As if in a trance, he walked out of his apartment and slid down the wall across his door.

His vision was blurred from the tears that kept spilling down.

Someone, save me

He took out his phone and called the first person he could think of. Namjun.

"Hello?"

" Hyung, I just want to see my friends."