Failed Romance

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
Dr. Seuss

I stopped caressing his hair and ran my finger along his jaw which made him look up at me. His eyes were still red and puffy "don't stop" he sniffled.
"Dom, can you tell me what's wrong?" I said with a calm, soft voice. He took a deep breath and coughed "Ashley, we broke up"
"Ah bamb" I pulled him close to my chest again "I'm sure everything will be alright" I added not knowing what to say to him.

30 minutes had past, Dom had stopped crying and had told me everything that happened. I felt bad, really bad for him. "Dom you can stay in my room if you want" I suggested as he nodded his head and climbed into my bed.
"Thank ya" he replied as he turned over, I climbed in next to him.
"Goodnight" I mumbled as I turned the other way and shut my eyes.
"Night" replied a rough voice.

My eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the soft morning light. Dom was still lying next to me, fully clothed. Small, peaceful breathes escaping his mouth. "Essie" A small voice called from beside me.
"Hm" I replied as I stood up and wandered over to the window. Dom sat up, his gaze rested on me. "Thanks for letting me stay in your room" His voice was raspy but still adorable. The light made his greeny-blue eyes have a gentle glow, making them look even more beautiful than they were. "No worries Bambi" I turned to fully look at him now. A small smile appeared on his face.
"God knows what I'd do without you" Dom mumbled, forcing himself to stand up. He smiled in my direction and then slowly waved his hand as he made his way out my bedroom. He didn't have much energy this morning compared to how much he usually had.

10 minutes had gone by, I was sat in my room putting some light make up on. I never over did it, I wasn't to bothered but having a small bit on was nice. My bedroom door was slightly open and that's when I heard Dom playing his guitar in the opposite bedroom. You could tell he was carefully plucking the strings, I tried to figure out what he was playing but it was nothing I'd heard before. My curiosity got stronger so I put my makeup down, fortunately it looked good already and wandered over to my door. Dom had left his door wide open which gave me a clear view of what he was doing. He then started to sing "Just take my heart out, that'll make it better" my brain desperately tried to search for the song those lyrics belonged to but it failed. I knew Dom loved writing music but he never usually preformed it. Dom then paused and started talking to himself about what cords and lyrics he should add to it. Which made it clear to me that it was an original song.