The Date

Word Count: 10,271

A/N -

What's up! If you decided to click on this story, I'm proud of you! I was supposed to finish this in February, but instead chose to write a 10k TodoBaku one shot that took 7 months! Wahoo I'm fucking stupid lol. 

If TodoBaku is your cup of tea, I encourage you to read this! If you prefer TodoDeku, maybe go check out my other book! It's a TodoDeku one-shot book with sporadic updates. This is also in there for some reason, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways- love you all! Have fun reading this, I tried pretty hard to write it.

<3

-A

He could sense the fire licking at his feet as he ran, covering the rough skin with blisters that hurt with every step.

The entity behind him had a strong presence, and he could feel it almost breathing down his neck, reaching its long fingers out to touch his back.

sh-shou-t-t-to

It stuttered, letting the cold touch of its fingers near his arm. Its voice sounded like a thousand knives being shattered by a thousand chainsaws all at once, and the noise being amplified by a broken megaphone.

He could feel it's hateful flames surrounding the empty plane around them, engulfing them both.

Then he was falling.

and falling

and falling

and falling

and falling

He didn't know when he would hit the bottom.

Or if he ever would

But...

Maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

With that final thought, Shouto felt himself awaken. Gasping for air, he shot up out of his bed, landing on his hands and knees. Panting for breath, he tried to push himself up. Shit. It was dark in his room, and he didn't have his glasses on. He couldn't even identify where the nightstand was so he could get his glasses.

There was a faint light glowing from the digital clock on his nightstand, so he followed that. Fumbling around in the dark until he found what he was looking for took longer than he had hoped, until he finally managed to find what he was looking for.

Placing the glasses on his face, the first thing he saw was the large, glowing numbers that were lighting up his room. They read: 3:24 am.

Lovely.

He took his glasses off and set them on the nightstand again. Huffing, he stumbled sleepily to the bathroom. If he was going to wake up at the three in the morning, might as well make the most of it.

After moving into the dorms, some of his habits from living with his father had stuck with him. Early morning training happened to be one of those things.