The Big News

Hi. My name is Rachel. I am 15 years old and in high school. In this book I am going to explain to you my wisdom teeth surgery experience. Here goes nothing.

About two months ago I had some pain in the back of my mouth. I thought nothing of it until the pain kept coming back. When I had my next dentist appointment (which my dentist is really nice) I told her that I have some pain. She told me it was ethier my wisdom teeth or that I am grinding my teeth. I remember that I told her that I don't grind my teeth.

She took a picture of the back of my mouth and surely enough that it was my wisdom teeth. When she told me that my heart was going one hundred miles per hour. She suggested I should go see a oral and maxifacial surgeon. I have never gone to see one before so this was going to be a different experience for me. When I was all done she told my mom I should go see one. She also said that the surgeon might say I am to young to get them out but she didn't really know what he/she might say. I was kinda hoping to not get them out. My older sister went through the same thing and she was really grouchy. She was only 25ish and I am 15. I am going to the same surgeon and he seems really nice.

My mom kept putting it off for ever. But really it was only like two months. My teeth kept hurting me and sometimes I couldn't really eat on that side. She finally made the call about three weeks ago. The appointment was for Monday October 20,2014. I was terrified. But I thought that I could look some information on YouTube.

The day was coming fast and I was getting more scared. As the days pasted by I had the thought in my mind that there might be a good chance I would have to get them out. I started to panic more. I had never had surgery and gone under anthesia before.