Chapter 12

A Tale of Two Snakes

Disclaimer: I do not own any Riverdale and Cobra kai characters. This story is purely written for fun, not for any kind of profit.

Hello everybody. I am back with another chapter. Please read and review.

Chapter 12: Cobweb

Jughead Jones was sitting in Pop's diner, typing in his laptop. He was writing a novel about Jason's murder. But last five days, there were so much insane things happening, that it totally messed up his mind.

First, it was Kevin, who was romantically involved with a serpent named Joaquin. They first met at the last day in the drive-in, and now they are in an illicit relationship.

Then it was Archie, who was avoiding Betty like a plague. Betty told Jughead about her mom's attempt to bust Archie in Ms Grundy's house, but it failed because he didn't show up there. Now Archie is not talking with her, he is hanging with Valerie, a girl in Josie's band.

The most astonishing thing happened two days ago, when Betty and Veronica found Chuck and his gang's playbook. There were scores beside the name of each and every boy. But there was one thing which shook Betty to her core. There was Polly's name beside Jason's name. The situation got worse from there. Betty and Veronica laid a plan to trap Chuck into a plan and extract a confession from him. But something happened there. Veronica did not say much, but told him that she saw a complete different and darker side of Betty.

Jughead stopped typing. He and Betty were getting closer during these days. He loved her, but did not master the courage to say so. Three days ago, Betty invited her to breakfast. They formed the plan, while Jughead distract Alice, Betty would try to find some clue. She came to know that her sister was in a nun's home. When Betty went there to find her sister, she was astonished to see that Polly was pregnant with Jason's child.

He sighed a bit and looked at the counter, where he saw a familiar tall blonde man. Johnny Lawrence was standing in the counter, paying for his burgers when he heard someone calling his name. He turned and saw Jughead sitting in the chair.

"Hello, Jughead." He came to him and sat beside him," How are you?"

"I am fine. But how are you?"

"Healthy as a horse, thanks to those bitter tablets which Carmen shoved inside my throat every single day. From tomorrow, I will join my work." Johnny said.

Jughead was looking at outside from the window when he heard Johnny's voice again.

"I am sorry for your loss, kid. But sometimes, life shows us no mercy. I know the pain of losing something that you care for. Back in California, I also lost something I made with all my efforts, with my sweat and blood. But it was snatched away from me. All of us sometimes face this type of moments, but it is our choices and steps in those times which truly make what we are. You have to fight your way out, using both your fists and brain."

"But fighting can sometimes mess up everything." Jughead smiled. He liked those words said by the man in front of him. Johnny smiled too.

"Remember who you are and remember to keep moving forward. You should not stick in a moment, otherwise it will stick you."

"Thank you Mr Lawrence.", Jughead was feeling a little bit lighter after that conversation. But he was not prepared for the next question.

"So, you like Betty?"

Jughead, who was sipping his coffee, start coughing. A few moments later, he calmed down a bit.

"What?"