Prologue

A small, five year old boy was staring out of his window, his gaze was locked up in the sky, which was filled with stars that shined brightly. The boy looked at it adoringly as he reached to grab one, only to be stopped by the glass of his window. Sighing, he turned around, and took one last glance of the view before climbing up on his bed. As his head reached his pillow, sleepiness soon consumed him. Before he fell into deep slumber, the boy muttured out.
"The stars shine so bright."
~two years later~

Running up to his room, he smiled with glee as he took out his brand new telescope, a gift from his parents for his 7th birthday. Setting it up as fast as he can, he looked through the hole and his eyes widened. He could see the stars so clearly now. It was so much more brighter when seeing it from the naked eye. It was so much more...beautiful. Looking out of the hole, he smiled. He loved the stars and he would just stargaze every night. Walking away from the window, he jumped onto the bed, instantly falling asleep. But not before he said these words.

"The stars shine so bright"
~six years later~

Laying down on the hospital bed, he could hear the doctor's muffled voice outside the room, followed by loud sobbings from his mother. He got diagnosed with Glaucoma and it was on the end stage. Due to his family being poor, they could not afford for him to go for an operation. And so, all they could do is to wait till the day he becomes completely blind. The 13 year old turned his head to the window. His eyes were a little blurry due to his sickness but he could still see those gems which shined so brightly in the night sky. A single tear fell down his cheek. He feared the day he would be completely blind. Not because of the dark, or because he could never see his parent's faces again, but because he could never see the stars again. Blinking furiously to keep his tears from overflowing, he turned away from the window and closed his eyes tightly. Sobbing quietly to himself, he choked out.

"The stars shine so bright.."