Chapter 1

The whistling of wind blew in the young boy's room as he awoke from his slumber. His caramel coloured hair covered his face and when he swept it off to the side, sparkling green eyes were found underneath it. Pity, he always wanted blue eyes.

As he looked around the now familiar ward he was in, he noticed a small black coloured blob on his desk. Reaching over to the source, the young boy realised what he saw was a tiny box, hand painted with both small, but careful, and big and blotchy techniques of the brush. 

As he grabbed the tiny box in his hands, he ran his thumb on the uneven surface of the box. Squinting his eyes and bringing it closer to his face, the boy realised the uneven surfaces of paint were stars. Looking at every nook and cranny of the box with much more curiosity than before, the young boy could feel his grin growing wider and wider. 

At that moment did he realise that there was something else that accompanied the little box, a ribbon. Feeling the silky surface of the ribbon with his thumb and index, the boy gave the tail of the ribbon a light thug, untying the well done bow into a line of string that was of no more use. Opening up the box, the little boy's mouth curved into an "O" and his green emerald eyes were wide with fascination.

Inside the box was a golden bracelet with a huge star in the middle and his name engraved on it. "Jason".