Chapter 11 Ghosts

Dean's POV

I got to Riverton and saw a little restaurant, which immediately made me realize just how hungry I was. So I go in and order the biggest burger on the menu with fries and a beer, sadly they didn't serve beer. So I went with some soda. Burger was great. After I went and got a motel room to look over the case. I checked to make sure I had everything I would need to deal with the ghost. Then I went and asked around about the issue and got answers that didn't all add up to a ghost.

The more I looked into what the potential case is, it became more and more clear that I wasn't dealing with a ghost but a shapeshifter that was using the bodies of recently deceased women to lure in its victims. It was a quick and easy switch to get everything for the shifter and dealt with the case as usual and headed back towards the bunker

Ben's POV

I woke up tired from my attempt of sleep after my nightmare. I gathered my stuff together and packed up my truck to go to Lebanon from the motel. I checked out and was on the road towards Lebanon. I started listening to the radio and I was switching between stations when I found a station playing older rock music. The reason I determined it was older rock music because the song that was playing was Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. I remember listening to it with Dean while he was living with us, we had a massive jam session together. I was jamming out when I realized that I had made it to the city limits of Lebanon. I got into town and went to the first bar in town and asked around about Sam and Dean. I got word that they live towards the opposite end of town, but nobody really knows where exactly. I decided to head towards the other end of town, there I found a giant load of crap and nothing. I found a motel nearby that I could stay at until I find them.

Cas's POV 

I checked in on Ben again and found out he was officially in Lebanon. This is not good for any of us. I decided that it is time for me to drop in and try my best to convince Ben that this is a terrible idea. I got to the room Ben had booked and waited around for him to show back up. I waited for a while before he showed back up again. He walked in the door and his stance became very aggressive and hostile. 

He closed the door and asked "What the fuck are you doing in my hotel and what made you think it was alright for you to come here and bother me?"

 I told him "That we needed to discuss this idiotic plan of his to go back to Dean and tell him the whole truth."

 He immediately scuffed at me and told me "Get out because I am not changing my mind no matter what you said because Dean is my dad."

 I told him "I know that, but nobody else knows that and we need to keep it that way."

 Ben looked confused at that comment. I knew I had to explain why Dean couldn't find out. 

I explained that "Dean couldn't know because it would destroy him knowing that he left Ben without a father and jumped in and out of his life causing his son and love of his life, your mother, so much pain."

 I could see the look of understanding dawn on Ben, he commented "I don't have to tell Dean that I am his son. I can keep that bit of information to myself but I want to be a part of Dean's life even if it is just as the kid he helped raise, its better than nothing." He sighed adding  "I need a relationship with my dad even if it is based on omitting some of the truth to keep him sane and safe." At this point I knew that the boy would not give up on this decision to come back into Dean's life and that I would need Sam to help me figure out how to deal with this correctly.

Sam's POV

I have just gotten off the phone from checking in with Dean and learning that it was a shifter and not a ghost in Riverton, when I get a call from Castiel. He gives me the name and room number of a motel to meet him at immediately and hangs up. I grab a few things real quick and head out the door to the motel.

15 minutes later

I arrive at the motel and knock on the door to the room Cas gave me. The door opens and I see an older and taller Ben, behind him is Cas. Ben tells me to come on in. Cas fills me in on everything that has happened and what the plan is now. We are going to take Ben to the bunker and tell Dean that Ben remembers what happened and remembers him, and take it from there.