The Secret Double-Lives of Strangers on Trains (paranormal duodrabble)

"Ma warned me to never speak to strangers, but I'm a rule-breaker." A balding man gestured at the empty seat next to her. "May I?" 

Heather chuckled at his cheesy pickup line but agreed nonetheless.

The corners of his eyes crinkled as he smiled. "I'm Tom."

"Liz." Her insides twisted when she shook his sweaty hand.

"Strangers no more."

The train rocked forward, its rhythmic staccato like a beating heart. Her stomach squeezed tighter and she pulled out a packet of wet wipes to rub her hands.

"Germophobe?"

"I like to clean my hands before eating."

She put the wipes back in her pocket and looked over the seats. She was all alone here with him.

"Mid-ride snacks? Mind sharing some? I'm starving."

"So am I." She locked eyes with him and reached inside his mind. "Be a good boy and don't move."

His earlier earnest smile relaxed, and she easily tilted his head to have access to his neck.

After she got her fill, she checked her reflection in the window. She couldn't show up all gory to the parent-teacher conference. What would the parents think?

She propped Tom's body against the window and patted his shoulder.

"You should've listened to your ma."

•••

A/N: #ReadingListMarathon entry. Pick a title from WattpadShortStory Realistic Fiction reading list and write your own story of the same title but in Paranormal genre.