chapter 1

"Okay boys blow out your candles" Clair said to her twin boys turning 15. Travis and Tanner close their eyes, take a deep breath in then blow out the candles. They open their eyes and for a split second their crystal blue eyes change to a bright light green Then back again and they get a strong feeling. As They both realize what this means they look at each other with subtle terrified looks on their faces.

     The whole pack sits in the living room to eat their cake and make small conversation. after awhile the party starts to settle and more and more people head off to their rooms. Travis and tanner took this as an opportunity to talk about the situation so they quickly go upstairs to their room. Tanner shut the door.

     "Dude what the fuck? This isn't right, right?" he says pacing back and forth running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. "You know that there are no mistakes for mates.." "yeah well I'm your twin brother i don't want you to be my fucking mate i don't even like guys!" Tanner exclaims. Travis' eyes starts getting watery, He knows that this is weird but he didn't think he brother would be disgusted by him. he looks down and speaks softly "well its not my fault. Im not happy about this either." That was half a lie, travis had been in the closet for quite awhile now and he was glad he didnt end up with a girl mate, and for everyminute they were in the room alone together travis wanted to pounce on tanner and mark him. Tanner stops pacing. "its just.. We're brothers ive never herd of family mates have you. thid has to be wrong" TRavis looks at the floor. Tanner sighs apologetically "look, I'm sorry.." He walks closer to Travis and wraps his arms around him, he gets a strong feeling of love, care and a want to protect Travis from everything. Travis sniffles slightly and looks up at tanner, his crystal blue eyes even more crystallized by the layer of unreleased tears over them. He cant take it anymore. Tanner cups Travis's' face and pushes their lips together. They continue kissing for a few more seconds then Travis looks at tanner. "You.. you kissed me" Travis says almost in a hopeful tone of voice. "Of course. look we are twin brothers yeah its abnormal and weird but we are mates and that's just something people are going to have to get over.. you're mine now.