Polo

Definitions at the end, and character profile which includes the horse.

Katherine's hand was reeling out preparing to strike the ball with her mallet. She takes a strong swing, and as soon as the mallet makes contact with the ball, the ball shoots forward toward her opponent's goal.  It barely makes it in as the opponent attempts to block with a  poorly timed poke of the mallet.

A whistle blows signaling the end of the Chukker, and consequently the end of the one on one scrimmage.

"Good Game Ladies! Alright, practice over, go clean up, See you guys tomorrow at 4 Pm after classes for practice." Mike, the coach says before leading his quarter horse named Jimber away by his reigns.

Katherine allows Millie, brown and one of her two Manipuri ponies, the other being her beloved Twinkle Feet, a lovely Chesnut mare, to slowly walk toward the water trough.

Her opponent, Lauren comes over, on her own pony, Scarlet, a Roan Manipuri Pony, with and gives Katherine a high five.

"You go, girl! Good game"

"You did great too!" Katherine replies, a large smile gracing her own face.

Lauren gives an appreciative nod as Dani comes closer, giving Lauren a hand for a high five, then high-fiving Katherine. 

"You guys did great. Let's go clean these little girls", Dani lovingly pats one of her ponies necks, Cupcake was her name, she was a light grey pony with a black mane.

They start walking back to the back stables where they kept their ponies. They pass through one of the lower arenas, them standing on an upper level, looking down at a team of three horses and a trainer.

"Ugh, not them again," Dani mumbles dejectedly

Katherine is confused, and proceeds to ask, "What's wrong with them?"

"You don't know who they are?" Dani asks incredulously.

Lauren chuckles, "Dan, you know Kath lives under a rock, of course, she wouldn't know who they are."

"Hey! I do NOT live under a rock." Katherine says grumpily.

"Well, If you really want to know that the, Ever important, elegant, 'Equestrian' team."

"I'm... sorry? I mean, I thought I knew my horses but, arent we ALL equestrian riders?"

Dani just looks grumpy. "No, the 'Equestrian' Riders specifically do the fancy training, and discipline, and those frickin' elegant sports. We  do team sports, they do Riding, other people do racing, and so on. They think they are so much better than us. it's infuriating. They are just the small part of the team that does the fancy stuff though, they don't do any of they don't do endurance or cross country though, they have other teams that do that. They have a lot of horses in one specialized stable. Each of the girls specializes in their own things but, they all practice together. They just need to get of their high horse...."

Dani continues speaking but Katherine has turned her out, looking at one of the riders on an elegant Toblano colored gypsy horse. The rider has light brown hair and looks focused. She is entranced by the spinning.

Dani is getting increasingly mad and angrily stomps out. Her p[onies seem indifferent to their owner's behavior. Lauren just sighs and motions for Katherine to follow her. Katherine resigns, and follows, wondering if she would ever be able to meet these girls. 

__________

Character Profile: Katherine

Age: 19

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Pansexual

Height:5'9"

Likes Poetry, Writing, Reading, Volunteering, Baking, Choir singing, Bass playing, The Lion King, and Say Yes to The Dress, Riding, Her ponies

Dislikes: Arrogance, Rudeness, roadkill, Ranch Dressing, Sour Cream, embarrassing herself, Death, lies, being sick.

Event(s): Horse polo, Sometimes Beach Polo, used to do Team penning.

Horses/Ponies that she owns

Twinkle Feet: Manipuri Pony

Age: 6yrs

Height: 14 Hands

Weight: 470lbs

Millie: Manipuri Pony

Age: 12yrs

Height: 12 Hands

Weight: 430lbs

__________

So, This was something I was inspired to do, IDK why. Ummmmm...  I still have so many other books to finish but honestly, I was excited and I don't really want to make this a one-shot.... so.... Yeah.