Ch. 1

I stand up from the toilet bowl, wipe my mouth with my sleeve and wobble over to the mirror. "You make me sick. You're worthless," I say to the figure standing on the other side. With a pounding headache, I open the cabinet in the mirror and take out a box of blades. Putting in my earbuds, I roll up my sleeve and press the blade against my bruised skin and slice. I've kind of gotten used to the pain. The only thing keeping my sanity and preventing me from completely dissociating was my music. Listening to groups such as BTS or PENTAGON serve as a temporary distraction from the outside world. A loud thud forces me back into reality. "Shit," I whisper to myself. I quickly, but sloppily, bandage my wrist and put the blades away, fumbling with the strips of metal between my fat fingers, not bothering to sanitize. *TW*
"There you are, you disgusting bitch," Dad spits at me, grabbing my still tender wrist and throwing me against the edge of the bathtub. "Did you honestly think you could hide from me? You really need to be taught a fuckin' lesson," My body froze, preventing me from reacting before he clutches my forearm with a firm grip and rips off my jeans, forcing me on my back. Tears slowly burn down my cheeks as I know that resisting does nothing against him. I reluctantly decide to keep quiet, or it will be worse than last time.

The clinking of his metal belt buckle is the only thing I manage to hear apart from the ringing in my ears. Without warning, he angrily thrusts into me at lightning speed, clutching and squeezing at my neck and mumbling insults and slurs at me. I can't breathe. This is not what I want. Why did it have to happen this way? My vision goes blurry, my mind, hazy, as I see I'm looking down at myself, disassociating. This has happened for as long as I can remember, probably farther back than my mind will allow me to recall.

*TW END*
I don't know how much time has passed before he decided he was done with me, leaving me there like a freshly slaughtered corpse. I wrap my arms around my knees and break down, quietly sobbing myself to sleep.

I awake to my father standing in the doorway of the bathroom with a brown leather belt clutched in his hand. I braced myself for the excruciating pain that followed.

 I awake once more, sore from the hour before, and I glance up at the clock. 7:23 A.M. That should be enough time to get ready. The thought of skipping crossed my mind on the daily, but I know I can't stay out of school forever. I fix my hair as best as I can and put on some light makeup. "You look hideous today, as usual," I casually say to the mirror as I walk out. I almost trip on my own feet as I stumble down the staircase. My hand reaches for an apple from the kitchen table but hesitates, you don't need that, you'll end up purging it anyway. I frown and slip silently out the front door and into the busy streets of Seoul.