Chapter 8

???:I'm sorry,I guess I should have mentioned who I was before now, I just didn't want it to be awkward,I wasn't sure if you would want the other to know

Raegan:???

Raegan:What do you mean?Y'know we can talk about this in person soon enough,we'll be there any minute

???:Before you see who I am,I should warn you,we know each other,friends,& I'm sorry for keeping it a secret for so long

Raegan:Hey...you're kinda making me nervous

???:That's nothing to what I'm feeling right now,you have no idea

Raegan & his mother walked into the restaurant,he was nervous to see who it was,they were friends, that was clear now,but who?

Oliver waved them over,they walked past the reservation desk, the man standing at it had a look that told he was tired.
"Hey Vanessa!Hey Reagan!You both look nice!"Oliver smiled at then,the smiled back & sat down.
"My daughter will be here any moment,she went to the bathroom to 'freshen up',though I think she's giving herself a pep talk,she was really nervous about meeting him again,saying it was going to be awkward at school now"

He whispered most of that to Vanessa,she chuckled & nodded, she knew his daughter was nervous,though she was confident it would all turn out well.

"Oh!Here she comes!We're over here Sweet Pee!"Oliver called,a girl in a blouse & jeans walked over,smiling.

"Hey dad,Vanessa,Raegan...You two look wonderful tonight!"She greeted,Vanessa smiled at her happily.

Raegan stared,wide eyed at the girl in front of them,she had dirty blond hair that was up in a ponytail,she had Hazel colored eyes,& pale skin.She was wearing a dark purple blouse,black pants, & red shoes.

"It's you...?"His voice was a mix of emotions,she smiled at him apologetically.

"Yeah...good to see you again today"She spoke,softly.
She sat down at the table & they ordered,Oliver & Vanessa talked while Raegan & *#%$^ spoke about this whole situation.

"How long have you known about this?"Raegan asked,smiling goofily.

She was worried he'd be mad at her for not telling him the truth about all of this,but he seemed excited,perhaps to finally get a sibling,since he was an only child. She was excited about the same thing deep down,she was an only child aswell,so they were both happy to have someone now.

"Um,I've known for a few months, I've pretty much known from the start,but I didn't think too much of it when my dad first told me about her,I didn't know you were her son until way later,maybe like,a little over a month ago"She smiled back,happy that he wasn't upset with her,at least it didn't seem he was.

The night went by like that,they talked about this whole thing while their parents talked about other things,some did include their kids,to put it short,they started gossiping about their kids halfway through dinner.

"Another teenager murdered in alleyway,police suspect it's the murderer they have nicknamed 'The Alleyway Slicer' from the style it was preformed"The news reporter said,frowning sadly.

Omara paused the video on her phone & looked at Nella.
"This was from this mornings news,they even gave you an official name for this stuff.Your dad probably has more data about this than they're letting out to the people"

"Yeah,that's typically how it works,they don't want the people thinking they're unsafe or thinking they could handle something bigger than them,when usually the police can't even"Nella responded,smiling at her wickedly.

"You're happy about the nickname,huh?Happy that you finally got one?"She smirked back, Nella nodded slightly.
"Hey Nel,have you noticed that Raegan has been circling this area?He keeps going around the MPR,I wonder why though?"She discreetly pointed towards the boy about to disappear behind the wall as he walked around the circular building.

"That is weird..."She mumbled, watching as he disappeared behind the wall.

Raegan circled around the building all of lunch,he was trying to look at Nella without being noticed,though he failed at that. He didn't know why he was doing it,he just wanted to be around her,look at her....
Then it hit him...painfully.
He liked her,that's why he was doing that stuff,that's probably why when be first noticed her all those months agi,he would stare at her or follow her around!He was a creep!She would never like him anyways...
'But perhaps I could get help from her best friend,& my soon to be sister in law!She could help me find out Nella's type!'He thought excitedly as the bell rang,he walked off to class,luckily for him,she was in his next class, which was P.E.,so they'd have time to talk.

(They've moved up a grade since when Raegan & Nella had P.E. together,just so you know!=D)

"Hey!"Raegan called to her,she turned towards him,they had just gotten out of the locker rooms from changing into their gym clothes.

"Hey Rae,what's up?"She asked, smiling at him as he walked over to her.

.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
...........
............
.............
..............
...............
................
.................
..................
...................
....................
....................
...................
..................
.................
................
...............
..............
.............
............
...........
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.

"Omara!I need your help!I have a little....problem...I was hoping you'd be able to help me with it" He smiled nervously,she raised an eyebrow but remained smiling.
"I may or may not have realized... I...think I like Nella..."He admitted, his face red.

She looked confused.
"Yeah?Everyone likes Nella,she's a good friend,& a good person,it's kinda hard not to like her"

"No!I mean,I like like her!"He blushed beet red,eyes squeezed closed tightly,waiting for her to slap him,or yell at him,but nothing came.

High pitched squealing followed,
he opened his eyes to see see her smiling like a goofball at him,he stared at her confused.

"You actually like her!?That's so cute!Rae!You have to tell her!I bet she likes you too!"She rambled, smile never leaving her face.

"No!No!No!No!I can't do that!I'll just get rejected!You just said it, Nella is so loveable,I have nothing she'd want..."His gaze fell to the ground,Omara's smile softene,she walked over & wrapped her arms around his torso in a hug.He leaned his head onto her shoulder & smiled as he hugged her back, they were both secretly happy to now have someone they could depend on in this way...