Chapter 3: The Talking Mouse

As she made her way to the Lake, she went along the corridor when she noticed a familiar face standing before the tall statue said to be of Fata Molgana. A tall stone figure with really long hair and long feather robe.

"Huh? That hair..." She raised a brow and walked closer to the purple hair boy, "It is him!"

She rushed over and called out to him, "I thought it was you! Hi, Ken!"

"Huh? Oh, Raina, right?" the purple hair man raised a brow.

"Yup!" She smiled, "What are you doing staring at the statue?"

"This? Well," He hesitated before he smiled, "There was rumors that this statue only talks to certain individuals. So, I came by to see how much of that is true."

"Really?" Her eyes widen in surprise, "How is it going?"

He shook his head with a sigh, "Nothing new apparently. It doesn't talk nor move... It's starting to feel like a waste of time."

"Oh." She wasn't sure what to say since it seems he was really interested in the statue.

Suddenly, he turned around and began to leave. Surprised, she asked, "Huh? You're not going to investigate further?"

"Nah." He said with a shrug, "I'm going over to the library and see how Palu is doing."

"I see..." She muttered curiously as he walked away.

"See ya!"

Then... he's gone.

Still, she was certainly curious and looked at the statue. It was a rumor, sure, but she's never heard of a talking statue before, aside from moving.

"Still, this is Mills Crea, a place that is full of wonders... Maybe I could try sneak out here and see if the statue actually talks..."

Just as she was about to turn around and hurry back to the dorm, She heard the sound of something rustling in the leaves and looked down. Her eyes widen in surprise as she saw a small brown mouse scurry out before her. Surprised, she looked down and watched it as the mouse also stared back at her. Curious, she muttered, "A mouse? I've never seen a mouse appear on its own before."

"And I never heard of a person talking to a mouse before." a voice said.

She froze as she heard this before managing a small gasp, "Wh-What..."

She looked around hurriedly, but no one was in sight.

"Yes, you heard me."

She looked back and saw the brown mouse... point at her with its small claw. Yes, point at her!

"D-Did you just talk?" Her face nearly pales to a white sheet as she stumbled back, "Ow..."

She heard a sigh and the voice again, "Was she just as clumsy before too?"

She quickly got up as stared at the mouse, "You... You just talked right?"

"Of course! Or do you see someone else here?" the mouse muttered before staring at her as his mouth moved along with his words, "What's your name?"

"R-Raina. My name is Raina." She replied as excitement slowly welled up as her voice nearly squeaked with it, "U-Um. What's your name?"

"I'm-" The mouse froze hesitantly before looking up at her again, "How about you pick one for me?"

"Pick one for you?" Raina raised a brow, "O-Okay..."

She thought for a while before she nodded her head with a wide smile, "Then, Kurt?"