IX

Jason brought out his phone and clicked a photo of the city from the window. The place looked elegant. Liam led a chair and slid it over to Jason. "Sit down," he said boldly.

 "Where is Clementine?" said Jason anxiously. He was not tense about the fact that he was in another world.

"She isn't with us. The Cretonians are keeping her with them. Now, she is a Cretonian, our enemy," said Liam.

"Hey, cool down. Just give me my good-old Clementine, and I'll go back to my world with her."

"Sorry, but that isn't possible. You and Clementine are special. It's like, you both are the descendants of powerful ancient rulers. And as I said before, the Great War is slowly rising. You can't run away from it. Now that you are a Bloodreaper, you will have to bring Clementine to us from Sintale. You will have to serve us till your death."

Clementine ran forward and seized Zhavia, about to cry. Elliana looked at Joseph and gave him a what-is-going-on look. Joseph mouthed, "Just Chill."

"I missed you so much," said Clementine clutching to Zhavia like a baby. "Eazy Girl," said Zhavia slowly retreating.

"Hey," said Joseph.

"How are you....alive?" said Clementine awestruck.

"It's a long story. Come on. Bring it in."

Joseph and Clementine hugged each other, which lasted only for a second. 

"Hi, I am Zhavia. Zhavia Arzia," said Zhavia to Elliana.

Elliana replied, "I'm Elliana Marksmen."

"So, are you two dating?" asked Elliana.

Joseph answered, "Yeah."Clementine smirked and said, "Oh, so the love is still alive."

The hall was empty now. "Hey, do you want to go to Study Hall," said Joseph.

"I don't see why not," said Clementine.

"K, Then. I'll bring some boy-friends to keep you accompanied or at least find a match for you," said Joseph.

"Hey, Elliana, will you come?" asked Zhavia.

"Why not?" said Elliana. 

"Ok then, come at 5. See you," said Joseph as they both walked out of the door at the right. 

"Welcome to the Raphael house," greeted a young girl as they both reached a red building with 'Raphael' written at the entrance. Clementine acknowledged her with a smile.

 "Thanks, Jessy. I'll take it from here," said Elliana.

"So," started Elliana. "This is our clan building. All the clan meetings and other stuff happen here." 

They both stepped in through the door where Jessy stood a moment ago. Elliana took the lead and started telling Clementine about the interior things.

 "This is the reception," said Elliana facing towards the reception where a boy sat, working on the computer. "That's the snack and coffee shop," said Elliana pointing towards the west direction.

 In front of them were two lifts. Beside it was the stairs. The floor was of brown tiles. There were many small sculptures and portraits placed on small glass tables. Pouched flowers hung on the wall.

 Elliana went over to the receptionist and said, "Elliana Marksmen and Clementine Linden." 

The receptionist opened his drawer, rummaged in for a while and then finally took out two cards. He handed it to Elliana and said, "305, 306." Elliana walked towards the lift and pressed the button beside it on the wall. The lift doors opened. Clementine stepped in followed by Elliana. Elliana pressed the 4th-floor button, and the lift doors opened within a jiffy.

 They both stepped out. "Are you sure that we have reached the 4th-floor?" asked Clementine.

Elliana answered, "Damn, sure."

"That was quick," said Clementine in awe.

Elliana took the lead and walked, followed by Clementine. Finally, they reached the room '305' and beside it '306.' Elliana gave one card to Clementine and stepped inside. Clementine took the card, placed it on the cardholder, withdrew it, and stepped inside.

"How can they give us so expensive rooms?" said Clementine. She jumped on her bed, making as little noise as possible. Her room had three doors. One for the bathroom. One for the exit. One connected to Elliana's room. The floor was of polished wood. The walls were blueish green, her favourite colour. The bed looked pretty expensive with premium pillows. There was also a big TV in front of her. She rolled up the blankets and started to relax but was interrupted by a knock on the door. She slowly came out of the bed and opened the door. 

Elliana appeared at the door and said, "We have to go to the study hall at 5. Meet me outside at 4:30."

"Ok," said Clementine, closing the door. She lied down on the bed, set the alarm of 4 pm, and closed her eyes. She dozed off within a minute.

"Fuck you," said Jason furiously. He dashed forward and threw a punch on Liam's face, but the punch never made it to his face. Liam held Jason's fist in his hands and kicked his legs. Jason fell to the ground. Liam punched him hard, and he fell to the ground. 

"There is no choice," said Liam irately.

"Don't you get it, Jason. The destruction is near. We can together save this. We may even save Clementine. But for that, you will have to do as we say."

"Your task is simple. We'll give you a device known as Blascious. It will help you in travelling from one place to another in a second. You have to go to Sintale, the city of Cretonians. You will find Clementine there. All you have to do is hold her hand and press the button on the Blascious. This will bring both of you here. We won't mark you a Bloodreaper, otherwise, the keepers at the borders of Sintale will kill you at sight. The Blascious will transfer you till the borders of Sintale, but it can't take you inside the city. Just tell the keepers that you are a visitor and are looking for Clementine, your friend." Liam took out a key from his pocket and handed it to Jason, who was slowly recovering from the punch."If you complete the mission, you shall be rewarded. Don't disappoint me. You may leave."