epilogue

I have a growing suspicion that Harry is not paying attention to the movie at all when he's the one who suggested we should watch it in the first place. I know for a fact that his distraction has nothing to do with me playing with his hair, my nails scratching at his scalp every now and then because if he's distracted by that, he would make this one sound that I could only describe as a mixture of a growl and a moan (I can't get enough of that sound, if I have to be honest).

Harry's mind is elsewhere and has been that way since I showed up unannounced at his flat over an hour ago, but I can't seem to get him to tell me what it is that's bugging him. His lips are sealed.

"Did I do or say something wrong?" I ask even though I'm positive that I did no such thing today. But if there's anything I've learned in the past one year, it's that you can never be too sure.

Harry blinks his eyes once, twice before he turns his head in my lap and looks up at me, his eyes meeting mine. Brows furrowed in confusion, he asks, "What?"

I shrug, feigning nonchalance as I say, "I can tell something's bothering you." I sweep his hair across his forehead but my finger freezes on his temple when a smile grows on his mouth. There's also a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"An attentive Cleo." He drawls out, a teasing smile on full display now. "Hmm. That's new."

"Jerk." I roll my eyes at him and entangle my fingers from his hair. Chuckling, he reaches out for my hand and links my fingers with his. I try to pull away -- not that I really want to but it's a form of protest because he's dodging my question -- but he won't let me.

"You'll figure it out soon," he says as he shifts his gaze from my face to the telly and places our hands on his chest. I could feel his heart thumping against his ribcage, betraying the calm and unbothered look on his face.

Not one to back down easily, I try again. "Can't you at least give me a clue? Just one clue."

He shakes his head, the corner of his mouth quirking up. "Curiosity killed the cat, you know?"

"Fine." I groan as I return my gaze to the telly in front of me. It's hard to focus on the movie when my mind is filled with questions.

About fifteen minutes later, Adam and Daisy stumble into the flat. Which is weird because we're not expecting them at all. Whenever they have their date night, Adam would usually spend the night at Daisy's place. According to Harry, he's been staying at Daisy's more often this lately, so much so that it's a surprise those two haven't moved in together yet.

"Hope you both are decent!" Adam yells out followed by the sound of his and Daisy's footsteps nearing the living room.

Harry visibly stiffens and I look down at him.

"What is it?" This time, my question isn't left unanswered because when the couple steps into the living room, I spot it straightaway. The ring on Daisy's finger. It's hard not to because although the room is dimly-lit I can still see it -- anyone with a pair of eyes could see the pear shaped diamond ring, even from afar. My eyes dart from Daisy's long and slender finger to her face and when she nods, confirming the elephant in the room, the first thing that slips past my mouth is: "What... But we're still young."

Harry removes his head from my lap and nudge me in the rib. The newly engaged couple shoots me a strange look and I quickly cover my shock with a smile.

"I mean... Congratulations!"

Getting up from the couch, I make my way to Daisy who has her arms opened for me. We rock gently as I congratulate her once more, this time with less shock in my voice. I knew these two would get married sooner or later but this is unexpected. I'd like to consider Adam and I as best friends, so I'd like to think that when the day comes, when he's finally proposing to his soulmate, I would get a heads up. Or maybe I would get to be a part of it, be the one to suggest some proposal ideas to him.