Chapter Two: They Got Street Meat, Avocato!

~~3rd Person POV~~

"Nothing but holes, nothing but holes! Nothing but holes, but holes, but holes holes holes holes," KVN sang throughout one of the hallways of the Galaxy1. The previous day had been a nightmare, and the SAMES were patching up all the holes from asteroids big and small. Gary was in his room, (Y/n) having no idea what he was doing. Quite frankly, she didn't care. So what was Gary doing? Sending a video to Quinn, that's what. Quinn...Who is that? The love of Gary's life, that's who. Well, that might be overkill. Before (Y/n), there was Quinn. Milk chocolate skin, glowing hazel eyes, curly dark hair. You could go on and on. From the moment Gary saw her, he knew she was the one. His poor attempt at flirting with her is what landed him a five-year sentence on this very spaceship. Since the very first day, he had been sending her vlogs about his mishaps on the Galaxy1. (Y/n) had no idea who Quinn was, or that Gary was sending her random videos. She probably wouldn't have cared..if she didn't have a small crush on Gary. Great, a two-sided love triangle-- just what everyone needs. And just what Gary needs. He had a crush on his best friend and his...crush. Something he'd have to worry about later.

Meanwhile with (Y/n),,,

She sat at the table with a Ventrexian. Avocato, to be specific. She was currently questioning him, but also taking it easy while coming off of her flu. Her wrist still hurt like hell though. "Why are you here?" She asked. "I've come for E-35-1." "You mean Mooncake, right?" Avocato blinked boredly. "No. I mean E-35-" "Time for our daily cards game!" Gary then walked in with a fresh deck of playing cards. "Oh yeah. You'll have to deal with this every day." (Y/n) told Avocato while nodding her head towards Gary. "Any more cards and I will shoot myself." The cat-like creature retorted. Gary looked offended. "I'm gonna shoot you if you don't play cards!" "I'll let you shoot me." (Y/n) face-palmed. Gary stuttered, thinking of what to say next. "Well, then I'm gonna shoot myself!" Avocato looked extremely dumbfounded. "What? Why?" (Y/n), also very confused, stared at Gary, waiting for an answer. "Frickin..figure it out. Figure it out!" 

A little later...

~~(Y/N)'s POV~~

"What the heck is this thing?" Gary asked. HUE detected another unknown vessel heading towards us. I wasn't freaked out or anything, none of us were. It couldn't have been heading straight for us..Right? "A Ventrexian stealth probe-- Turk." Avocato grimaced. "Of course, Turk." Gary returned. Who's Turk and why does everyone know him? "Who the hell is Turk?" The blond idiot asked immediately after his first statement. Of course. "A bounty hunter, like me. If he scanned Mooncake, he'll be on his way back to The Lord Commander to gather reinforcements." Mooncake now looked worried. I place a hand atop his head to comfort him a little. "Unless we stop him first." Avocato stated. "Mm-hmm." Gary nodded, signifying he understood. "If we don't, they will capture Mooncake." Avocato continued. "Mm-mm." Gary shook his head. "And take us to the Dark Zone." The words Dark Zone seemed to scare Mooncake even more. "Mm-mm." Gary shook his head again, now starting to worry. "And torture us with Zargon slugs." I saw that Mooncake was starting to get anxious, so I opened my arms for him to enter a hug. He gladly accepted it, trying not to pay attention to the rest of Avocato's gruesome predictions. 

"Sounds like I got these buttery buns into a hot vise." Gary thought for a moment. "How do we stop them?" I glanced at Gary, hoping he had a plan. Mooncake peeked up a little. Avocato sighed. "You don't. But together, we've got a shot. Get me out of these cuffs, and we'll go after him." I didn't know where this was going at first, and then things quickly turned. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! You tried to kill us!" I pointed accusingly at him. I let go of Mooncake. He floated next to Gary. "If you want us to trust you, first we clasp." "I'm not doing that." Kitty cat refused. "Oh, yes, you will. You will do that. We've enjoyed recreational cards together! This is the next step-- a hand-to-hand bond that forges the completion of a newfound trust." I had to admit, Gary sounded really cool when he used big words like that. I mean, he was an idiot. But, an adorable idiot. "We don't have to get balls-to-the-wind naked, do we?" Avocato asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What? Of course not-" "Tradition demands yes-" Gary interrupted me. "Eww-" I cringed. "But you're lucky. I'm more of a progressive." Avocato finally agreed and turned around to show his cuffed wrists. Gary and I nodded at each other while we both grabbed one of his hands. "Trust mode engaged!"