Chapter 14: Firsts For Everything

A/N: Part of this being a slice-of-life/coming of age means uncomfortable discussions. Well for people this age lol. This is a River perspective. Just a bit of warning. There will be some steamy action later on.

***************

River:

"Seriously man, you've been glowing all day. What happened yesterday?" Joshua asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively as we entered his house.

"Ahh River! Its been so long since you've been over. How are you?" Joshua's mom Mrs. Aihara greeted.

Joshua urged his mother off in Japanese, quite literally dragging me upstairs behind him.

"You'll be staying for dinner I hope?" Mrs. Aihara called after us.

"Yes ma'am." I called back down as Joshua pulled me into his room, closing and locking the door, running a hand through his hair. He loved his parents. But they could be both overbearing and highly affectionate.

"So. Did you and Wyatt get down to business? I see he's been able to walk today." Joshua grinned, taking a seat at his desk, spinning his chair around to face me as I took a seat on his bed.

I wanted to share what happened with Wyatt with Joshua so badly. But I felt I couldn't out of respect for him. The last thing I needed was to screw things up.

"You've been smiling since I asked that question. Earth to River." Josh drawled, eyes sparking with interest.

"We didn't. I don't want to say though." I grimaced at his advances.

"Just what did that boy do to you to have you glowing like that?" Joshua pressed, flipping through manga book on his desk, waiting for details.

"H-have you had sex before Joshua?" I asked; more so stammered and choked out.

"Three times as of now. Why?" He asked, putting aside his joking demeanor in favor of a more serious one.

"I don't know what to do." I huffed, seeing as the limit of my sexual exposure has only been explored up until recent times.

"I didn't know what I was doing my first time either." Joshua chuckled.

"But its kind of a natural thing. You know what goes where right?" He tacked on, eyes glinting with humor.

"Y-yeah. I'm just afraid of hurting him is all." I admitted, recounting back to how big he noted I was. Joshua's gaze softened as we both understood the deeper meaning of what I said.

"He is a pretty small guy. I'm always super gentle when it comes to smaller girls." Joshua began explaining; luckily not being as nervous as I was about this conversation.

"It's best to just be caring about your partners. Pound town until someone cries is for porn." He snickered, though his words seemed wise. I would have asked my dad but he'd turn into the fretful man he could be.

"And condoms. Sure he can't get knocked up. But safety first." Joshua added.

"How did you learn all this stuff?" I asked.

"Older brother and his friends. And got the refinement from my older sister." He smiled.

The Aihara's as a whole were a picture perfect family. They all got along and were kind to one another. It made times I felt lonely easier over the years with my dad working often being the sheriff.

"We will make sure your stroke game is the best it can be though. We want him seeing stars." Joshua joked.

"Josh." I groaned.