Chance

Chaeyoung woke up, sitting on her bed. Breathing heavily, with sweat dripping down her head. She sat there for a moment, and then turned to her night stand and put on her glasses. She turned on her lamp that was sitting on top of her night stand. She slowly opened her door so that it wouldn't make a noise, and creeped out of her room to the kitchen.

Chaeyoung poured herself a cup of water, as she sat down at the dining table.

Chaeyoung kept thinking...

***
Chaeyoung's dream/nightmare.

Chaeyoung was about nine years old in her dream. She was sitting in the back seat with both her parents in the front. They were all singing happily. All of a sudden she sees a big truck coming their way.

She hears a loud CRASH!

And then everything went silent and black.

Then she slowly opens her eyes, she slowly turns to her right side to see her mother laying there, with blood dripping down from her head.

She tries to call out for her mother, but no words seems to come out. Tears start rolling off her cheeks to the ground. Chaeyoung uses all her might to bring her right arm, and tries to reach for her mother's hand, but her hands were short and she didn't have enough energy to move.

Then her hands dropped to the ground. All of her muscles seemed to gone. She had no strength. That day they never found her dad's body. They only found her mother's.

Her aunt decided to take her in. Memories of her abusing Chaeyoung replayed in her dream again.

Aunt: Chaeyoung!! Where are you?

Chaeyoung was hiding behind the bathroom door, hoping her aunt wouldn't come in here.

Aunt: Come out right now!!

Her aunt slowly approached the bathroom, and saw Chaeyoung.

Aunt: What did I tell you!
(She yelled angrily. Lifting up her arm which was holding a piece of wood.)

As she was about to hit Chaeyoung, she awoke from her dream.

***

Chaeyoung starts to cry. Thinking about her parents. And how much she went through.

After she finished her cup of water, she slowly crept back into her bedroom. Even though she laid on her bed, she couldn't fall back asleep. She grabbed her phone that was chilling on her nightstand. She texted her friend to meet up.

***
Mini Café

Chaeyoung: Sorry for calling you out so late.

??: Are you okay? Did you have that dream again?
(Chaeyoung's friend asked worried.)

Chaeyoung slowly nodded her head.

??: Want to go to the beach?
(She asked out of the blue.)

Chaeyoung looked up shocked and confused.

Chaeyoung: Seriously?

??: Yeah of course. We can't just go back home without doing sonething fun.

Chaeyoung: But we have our shoot tomorrow..

??: Don't worry about it. You worry too much. I always make things work. Trust me.
(She said giving Chaeyoung a reassuring smile.)

Chaeyoung: What are you waiting for then, let's go.
(She said excited as she stood up and grabbed her bag.)