The New Detective

'There's been another robbery, this time at the Smithsonian Museum' Barry said, looking up from his phone to his team. They were all in the Cortex, figuring out how to end their new enemy Bloodwork. 'Joe needs me. I'm sorry guys. I have to go.'

'We'll keep looking' Cisco said, sharing a look with Harry, who nodded. Ralph walked up to Barry.

'I'll come with you, Rookie. Might be able to help you out' he said, slapping Barry on the shoulder. Barry mouthed a 'help' to his wife Iris, who smiled and pecked her husband on the lips.

'Good luck' she said. Barry and Ralph walked out. Ralph kept chattering about the biggest nonsense the entire way to CCPD and Barry was glad when they parked the car, so he could get out.

'When I told the woman I solved her husbands case, she was so happy, I think she almost kissed me if her husband, who was thought to be dead, hadn't showed up' Ralph rattled. 'I didn't even get paid. Bummer.'

'Ah, Barry' said Joe when he spotted Barry and Ralph walking up to them. 'Did you take him or did he offer to come?' Joe whispered to Barry when he was close enough, eyeing Ralph.

'He offered' Barry replied.

'Well, alright. Look what we found' Joe sighed, motioning them to follow. The office space of the CCPD was crowded. He lead them to his desk, where a girl with dark brown hair was leaning over a bag of what seemed to be jewelry. She looked up.

'Barry, it's so good to see you again!' she smiled.

'Hi Sue, what do you have?' Barry asked.

'We found a hiding place, I went in with a task force. No criminals, just a bag full of stolen jewelry' she explained. 'Not even half an hour later, the Smithsonian was robbed.'

'You think the Roth family is behind this?' Barry asked, putting on some gloves and taking a ruby necklace out of the bag.

'They are our lead suspects, they did a series of robberies last year and we weren't able to catch them. They're smart' Sue replied.

'And they have a good taste' Ralph suddenly said. Sue who hadn't noticed the tall P.I., stared him in the face.

'I know who you are. The detective that got himself kicked off the force because he planted fake evidence. You're not allowed to be here, Mr Dibny' Sue said with a calm tone.

'And you are?' Ralph questioned. Barry and Joe rolled their eyes.

'She's Detective Susan Dearbon, my new partner since a month. I wouldn't pick a fight with her if I were you' Joe replied. Ralph scanned her. Her clothing was weird he thought. She wasn't in uniform. She looked different, but somehow Ralph liked it.

'Detective? She looks more like a college girl. Are you sure she's a detective?' Ralph provoked. Sue raised her eyebrow at him and stood up. Ralph might have been almost two heads taller than her but she jabbed her finger into his chest and looked him straight into the eye. Her own eyes were becoming a darker green.

'With the power that the authorities are giving me I can have you exiled from this building. I can stop your P.I business and make sure you will never be able to pursue a career in law enforcement again' she threatened. Barry and Joe shared a look of amusement with each other. Ralph took a step back and rubbed with his fingers over the spot where Sue had poked him. 'Is that clear, Mr. Dibny?' Sue asked, folding her arms over each other.

'Yes. Crystal' Ralph hastily replied. She was scary. Like horror movie scary. No woman had ever stood up against him like that. Usually the ended up having dinner with him, but he wouldn't dare ask this woman out. He'd probably get arrested.