Tension

We sat silently after the book discussion. I picked up another book that was in English. I noticed the time and realized it was well past midnight.

'Do you not go to bed?' I asked sleepily.

Loki grinned, "Not when I'm enveloped in a good book but if you need to sleep then we will go to bed."

'We?' I asked as he got up and held his hand out for me. I took it cautiously.

"I may be magical but I can't even read in the dark. If you go to bed I might as well do the same."

'Are we to be in the same room?' I asked still confused.

"I am to watch you, it's not like I'll allow you to slip away again," he smirked as he led me over to the only bed in the room.

'I can crash on the couch then,' I said turning around to go back, bad timing on my part.

Loki had used his magic to change into his pajamas. That meant just the silk pants and no shirt. I ran straight into him as he had snuck behind me to stop me. His skin was cool and firm. I inhaled sharply. There was his scent again, so tantalizing.

Realizing how close I was I stepped back quickly only causing myself to fall straight on the bed with Loki towering above me. An amused mischievious look playing across his face.

'I'm sorry!' I squealed.

"Are you?" he asked crawling on top of me.

I blushed furiously and my head snapped to the side so I wasn't looking at him. I wasn't sure what to do, my mind was in a frenzy.

"I'm not sure you're fully sorry...yet," Loki whispered heavily into my exposed ear. 

A strong shiver rippled down my spine. His breath lingered on my skin. I worked up the courage and put my hands slowly on his muscular chest and gently tried to push him off of me. Instantly his hands grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head causing me to gasp. His eyes narrowed and his grin was dangerous.

"I'm in control here, not you," he said huskily.

Was he getting turned on? 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I sighed in relief as Loki growled and reluctantly got off of me. He answered the door as if nothing had happened. At the door was Natalie. They talked in hush tones and she handed him something before leaving. I had sat up on the bed and froze as he came over. He handed me a bundle of clothes and then went back to the couch with his book. 

"She brought something more comfortable for you to sleep in and said the clothes for tomorrow should fit better...though I see nothing wrong with what you have on," he said without looking up.

I snuck off to the bathroom and looked at my spoils. I had never had a change of clothes for bedtime before. To wear to bed I had a soft cotton nightgown. It went to just above my knees. At least it was longer than the shorts. For tomorrow there was a very dark green shirt and black capris. Maybe she realized I wasn't comfortable showing off a lot of skin. I stepped out of the bathroom and found Loki still lounging on the couch reading his book. He had just started it tonight and was almost finished with it.

"Go to bed," Loki ordered as he turned another page.

I lingered which obviously annoyed him but I was nervous. I didn't want to share a bed with him.

'Why can't I sleep on the couch?' I asked as he put the book down with a sigh.

"You can't because that is where I am sleeping. Now off to bed with you," he said, his voice showed his annoyance even if his face didn't.