Chapter 4 - A Low Point

Could I trust Marinette? Well, she did stay by my side when I was unconscious and she seemed nice enough. I guessed maybe I could, what more could I lose? I opened my mouth and said to her, "As you just heard, I have no recollection of anything. Nothing, zip, nada. When Ladybug was taking me here, I saw snippets of my past but the memories... They were fragmented and Xeno like. Nothing seemed to make sense!"

Once I stopped talking, a nurse came into the room and took my vitals. "How long have I been in here for? When can I leave?" I asked.

"You've been out for three days. We kept you in an induced coma. I'm afraid it'll be a week until you can go home dear," the nurse said as she left the room again.

I could tell she was trying to comfort my worries though she did a very poor job. Home? Where is home? I have no one to go to. Where would I stay? My face was displaying my worry, increasing with every passing moment. Marinette, seeing that I was upset moved in for a hug, "Don't worry, we'll find out who you are. It may not be today or tomorrow, but one day you'll find out who you are. I'm here to help you, no matter how long it'll take!" Her voice was so comforting. Comforting enough to upset the most depressed of souls.

I couldn't hold back the tears any longer, I hugged her back as tears began to fall down my face. I said thank you, repeatedly. Again, and again. Grateful for the first feeling of human compassion. I never wanted to let go, my heart feeling safe around her.

Suddenly the door opened unexpectedly, "Hello?" The tone of the voice sounding so innocent and sweet.

The hug between Marinette and I stopped abruptly as her arms flew into the air, looking as if she was attempting to fly. Her body turned towards the door and, quick as a whip, a boy entered. His looks were enough to make anyone fall for him. His skin like pistachio, his eyes were a light green and to highlight his beauty, was strawberry blonde hair. Everyone who met him would forever remember him and his good looks.

Marinette had lost control of her voice, "Mardien! Uh, I mean Adrien! What brings you bhere? I mean smere! Ugh! I mean here!"

He smiled, the smile was enough to stop a war and get people to negotiate a peace treaty. He giggled slightly, "Well, I came here as soon as I heard it from Alyia. I heard that you and your family got quite a fright, finding someone bleeding out in front of your bakery! Speaking of which, how is he?"

Marinette was in a daze. It was as if every word Adrien spoke was putting her under a spell. She soon realized that he asked her a question and she blurted out, "He's perfect!" Then it hit her that, that wasn't quite what she was wanting to say so she corrected herself saying, "I mean, you're perfect!" It was at this point she realized she was making a fool out of herself even more so she tried again one last time, "He's fine... Just lost with a little amnesia."

Yeah, a 'little' amnesia...

Adrien turned to me and said, "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Adrien Agrest."

He extended his arm to me for a handshake, I took it as I said, "Uh... Nice to meet you." Although I stumbled slightly with my speech at the sight of his dazzling smile, I was clearer than Marinette was previously.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, though, I need to rush off to fencing practice otherwise my father's gonna kill me!" He quickly rushed out of the room.

Once Adrien was out of the door, Marinette snapped back to her normal self once more. Her face was blushing like a cherry, she face palmed herself and groaned, "God, I wish I could just have a normal conversation with him!"

I smiled. I may not know a lot of things but I did know the look of love and admiration that was plastered on her face.

"Anyways, I need to go. My friends will be dying to know about you now that you're up! See you tomorrow ok?" She asked, her eyes shining with anticipation.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," I responded.

Once Marinette left the room all my emotions came flooding back in a tidal wave. Hopelessness, fear, despair. I brought my knees up to my face and began to cry. I cried for what felt like an eternity. Where do I go? No one knows me! No one seems to be looking for me either. I'm just forgotten... Surely nothing could get any worse than this!

But sure enough, it did.

A butterfly landed upon my wrist, then all I could feel was absolute rage, anger and hate. Then I heard a voice...

"Oublier."