An opportunity

I love music. It's something I like, you know?
I'd never had a real, proper chance to really pursue music. I've got the starter pack — unsupportive family, horrible voice and a non-existent self esteem.
It was a calm Wednesday evening. The vibrant, orange sunset was slowly fading into a navy blue night.
I clicked onto YouTube. I scrolled through my recommended, looking for a new video.
'I lost 50 pounds in two months!'
Uh, no thanks, YouTube.
'STORY TIME: I ALMOST DROWNED'
Cool... not interested.
Videos like this pop up, until something catches my eye.
'Will you be the one?'
1 minute, 45 seconds.

I click onto the video, curious.
"We are looking for girls to form our brand new K-POP group."
"It will consist of five members."
"We will be coming to:
[Your city]
City #2
City #3
City #4
City #5
City #6
City #7"
"We hope to see you soon!"

I pause the video to read the list of cities. Only seven? That's not much.
I don't think my city will be on this list. I sigh.
My eyes flicker to the first city. Yup, not mine.
Wait...
I look at it again.
[Your city]... wait... I live there!
Shock and excitement race through my veins. Is this it? My big chance? To become a K-POP star, to do what I've wanted to do?
I found myself picturing myself standing on a stage, with perhaps four other girls, with the same dream as me, surrounded my thousands, maybe even a million fans in a stadium, yelling my name...
"Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" The fans yell.
Wait..
But I'm only 11. Surely, an eleven year old would never be able to debut as a K-POP singer. I'm just too young.
Still, a glimmer of hope still resided in my heart. After all, K-POP companies would be interested in young girls right? For fresh new faces in the industry.
It felt like nothing I had experienced. I mean, a chance. A huge company coming to my city, to find the perfect girl, or girls to join a big K-POP group.

I had done my research. If a K-POP group forms under the name of a wealthy company, they would already have a head start over the groups under less known companies. If you're formed under a large company, you would already have tons of fans before debut. The success rate almost tripled.
But of course... that wasn't always the case, was it? I mean... look at BTS. They formed under a tiny company, but grew huge.
But I wasn't in BTS's situation. A massive company was coming to my city to find the perfect girl / girls.
And I was going to be try to become one of them.