Victory

Things you might need to know: how Sasuke went back in time is never mentioned, the only hint being that Madara/the other Uchiha call him Jikan. This is a reference to The Jikan Phenomenon, where the premise is that the Sharingan has the ability to randomly throw its wielder back in time.

Victory

If Sasuke was given the choice of which time he fell into, he would've chosen any time but the Warring States Period. If he was dropped into the past when he was a baby, he would do his best to prevent the Nine Tails' attack on the village, stopping Obito from manipulating the bijuu. If he fell into his childhood, he would immediately start working on preventing the Uchiha massacre. Getting dropped during his preteen years wouldn't have been fun, but Sasuke knows himself well enough to think that he could've explained the truth to himself with a bare minimum of destruction following. Dealing with his teenage self would've been torture, trying to get through his avenger mindset nearly impossible, but he would've fought until he could drag his younger self in front of Naruto. Any of these options would've been wonderful; all included the ability to stop an event that would shape Sasuke's life.

That's not to say, Sasuke thinks detachedly, that the Warring States Period doesn't affect him. He didn't live through it, however. He was never supposed to live through it. And yet, he snorts, here he finds himself.

Madara, before he falls to the Uchiha clan curse, is kind. It disturbs Sasuke the first time he's faced with it. That gaze full of concern for his fellow Uchiha, and it pulls at something in him. This Madara, unburdened by his brother's death and the influence of Black Zetsu, holds the regard of his clan in high esteem. They love him, this strong fighter who dreams big and has the strength to back it up. This Madara, who sees Sasuke and his obvious Uchiha features, and welcomes him with open arms.

Izuna isn't as open, his gaze suspicious as they take in their similar features, but he takes to ignoring Sasuke very quickly. His attitude leans towards being one of the majority. None are outright hostile to him, they don't attack or belittle him, but the general attitude of 'if I ignore it, it doesn't exist' hurts just as much. When Sasuke claims to be half Uchiha, Izuna and the rest of the Clan scowl at him, dismissing him as lower than them because of his 'half' Uchiha status. Madara scowls too, but he does it because the only reason an Uchiha would grow up out of the clan was if a male Uchiha had relations with a woman that wasn't an Uchiha. The likelihood that that relation was consensual is disturbingly suspect during the Warring States Period. Madara is angry and disappointed with his clan at the idea that they would do something so vile. It twists Sasuke's image of the clan head and he doesn't particularly like the feeling.

Another feeling he doesn't like is that the other option besides ignoring him seems to be coddling him. These Uchiha, who face death every day with only the beginnings of medic ninjutsu at their hands, see Sasuke's single arm and assume. To be alive and disabled means he was a shinobi at some point; it also means he wasn't strong enough. It's utter bullshit, that line of thinking, but Sasuke has to grudgingly admit that he once thought the same. He thought being handicapped was a weakness, that no one who wasn't whole could ever be a shinobi. Rock Lee and his chakra coils certainly stand out as proof against that way of thinking, but the clan doesn't have Rock Lee and his single-minded determination. They only have Sasuke, who has an empty sleeve and a make-shift eyepatch covering his left eye.

There are some pros to being pitied. Because of his perceived threat level, he is watched far less than a shinobi of his level should be. They don't take into account that he could be hiding his chakra levels, or that he might have some ace up his sleeves. The idea of using jutsu without hand signs is an impossibility to them, while it is now Sasuke's reality. If he had a better standing in the clan, his lack of guard would definitely be beneficial. Except, he doesn't have a better standing. He holds no voice in the clan proceedings. He is simply the half Uchiha bastard that 'Madara-sama' graciously allowed in the clan. No one would ever think to take his word into consideration. Even Madara, who seems to be the most willing to listen, would be quick to dismiss Sasuke's warnings.