Chapter 6: The Semi-Finals

Cale: You should give the other finalists a explanation

Not Vetex let him figure it out.

You walk in to the show room to see Yuma, Shark, Kite, Nistro and Tori

Yuma: What were those monster that you just summoned Y/N

Nistro: Those aren't any monster I have seen

There Called Pendulum monster now sorry if I understand what I'm Saying here but I am going to try to explain these monster to you as best as I can and all of there functions a Pendulum Card is a type of Monster Card that is half green. In addition to normal usages, a Pendulum Monster can also be activated from the hand as a Spell Card in a Pendulum Zone; if there are Pendulum Monsters in both Pendulum Zones, the player can perform a Pendulum Summon. So far, Normal, Effect, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Pendulum Monsters have been created. Pendulum Monsters can also be Tuner, Flip and Spirit monsters. A Pendulum Monster can be used in two ways: either as a Monster card by Summoning it, or as a Spell Card by activating it in the Pendulum Zone. If a Pendulum Monster (even if face-down) would be sent from the field to the GY (either as a Monster Card or Spell Card), it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck instead (this can cause the total size of the Extra Deck to be larger than would be allowed during Deck building). A Pendulum Monster is sent to the Graveyard like normal if it is sent from any location other than the field (including if it has its activation as a Spell Card or Summon negated). However, if the effect of a card like "Macro Cosmos" (which banishes cards which would be sent to the Graveyard) or "Grave Protector" (which shuffles monsters destroyed by battle into the Deck) is being applied, this will override the Pendulum Monster's ability to go to the Extra Deck. Pendulum Monsters cannot be used to pay costs that require sending cards from the field to the Graveyard, as they would not be able to go to the Graveyard but would be placed in the Extra Deck instead; however, they can still be Tributed for costs. While not in a Pendulum Zone, a Pendulum Monster is treated as a Monster Card, and its monster effects are applied. It can be Special Summoned by appropriate card effects. If it is also a Normal or Effect Monster, it can also be Normal Summoned/Set from the hand, just like any other Normal or Effect Monster. While in a Pendulum Zone, a Pendulum Monster is treated as a Spell Card and not as a monster. A Pendulum Monster can be activated from the hand as a Spell Card in the player's Pendulum Zone (Pendulum Monsters cannot be Set in the Pendulum Zone). Upon resolving, it remains face-up in the Pendulum Zone as a Spell Card, its Pendulum Scale is active, and Pendulum Effects, if any, apply. (Its monster effects are not applied at this time) Although a Pendulum Monster is treated as a Spell Card while in the Pendulum Zone, it is not considered a Normal, Continuous, Field, Equip, Quick-Play, or Ritual Spell Card. As long as there is an available Pendulum Zone on the player's field, they can activate a Pendulum Monster from their hand in that zone. While most Pendulum Monsters are also Normal or Effect Monsters (beginning the game in the Main Deck), a small number of Pendulum Monsters are also Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Monsters (beginning the game face-down in the Extra Deck). These monsters can be Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summoned (depending on their monster card type) as normal while face-down. Face-up Pendulum Monsters in the Extra Deck can be Pendulum Summoned, provided they are properly summoned by their mechanics from face-down first, but they can no longer be Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summoned, or Special Summoned by an effect that is treated as such summons. Because they are Extra Deck monsters, they cannot be activated to the Pendulum Zone from the hand. Rather, they have effects to place themselves in the Pendulum Zone. As Xyz Monsters do not have Levels, Xyz Pendulum Monsters either have a condition that allows them to be Pendulum Summoned from face-up in the Extra Deck if their original Rank matches a Level whose monsters their possessor can currently Pendulum Summon; or prevent them from being Pendulum Summoned at all. Once per turn, during the Main Phase, if the turn player has a card with a Pendulum Scale in each of their two Pendulum Zones (for a total of 2 cards), that player can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from their hand, and/or any number of face-up Pendulum Monsters in their Extra Deck, whose individual Levels or Ranks[4] are exclusively between the Pendulum Scales of the cards in their Pendulum Zones (i.e. monsters whose individual Levels/Ranks are between the Pendulum Scales and not the same as the Pendulum Scales' values). As per New Master Rule, monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck (including Pendulum Monster(s) that are face-up in the Extra Deck) must be Summoned to an unoccupied Main Monster Zone that a Link Monster points to or an Extra Monster Zone. Monsters that are Pendulum Summoned from the hand are Summoned to Main Monster Zones. Because of the restriction on Levels and Ranks, no monsters can be Pendulum Summoned if the cards in the Pendulum Zones have Pendulum Scales that are differ by one or less (i.e. 4 and 4, 3 and 4, or 4 and 3). However, this has no impact on the usage of Pendulum Effects. A Pendulum Summon is a type of built-in Special Summon, so it can be negated by cards like "Solemn Warning" and "Thunder King Rai-Oh"; however, if more than 1 monster would be Pendulum Summoned at the same time, cards like "Black Horn of Heaven" (which specify they can only be activated when exactly 1 monster would be Summoned) cannot be activated. Pendulum Summoning is unrelated to the effects of the Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones, so can be performed even if their effects are negated.