Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The Institute is not what i expected. First, the wrought iron gates were covered in vines. Then you had to drive about a half a mile before you even reach it

The Institute itself looks more like a mansion than anything. The gray mansion sits in the middle of a field with a lake in the back and a u-shaped driveway.

When i got out of the car with Ms. Giles didnt say a word. I grabbed my backpack as other adults came out of the building to retrieve the rest of my stuff. I follow Ms. Giles inside and i immediately notice how quiet it is.

"Where is everyone?" I ask her.

"School." she replies shortly.

I follow her into what im pretty sure is her office. She sits down behind her desk and i sit down across from her. She reaches into her desk and pulls out a black box. She slides it across the desk to me and tells me to put it on.

"What is it?" I take it out of the box to examine it. It looks like an ordinary identification bracelet with my name on it.

"Its just a bracelet that we can use to identify you in the event that you go missing."

"Why would i go missing? and why cant i just tell people who i am?"

"It's just standard procedure. Please put it on." She says firmly with a smile.

I do as i am told and the bracelet clicks in to place and becomes a little warm.

Weird.

"will i have to go to school too?" i ask afraid of the answer.

"Youre a special case so no you will not have to go to school. Instead, you will have a tutor monday through friday from 7:30 to 1:30. The others wont come home until 2 o'clock. after that, we usually begin a few excercises with your abilities. at about 7:30 dinner will be served. You can choose to eat at the table in the dining room or you can eat in your room. The choice is yours. Come with me and i'll show you to your room." And with that, she gets up and walks out of the office, up a very wide set of steps and down the hall. We reach the end of the hallway and she opens the door.

" This is your room. All of your things have already been brought up. Unfortunately, you will have to share your bathroom with your neighbor. But other than that, the room is all yours. I'll leave you to unpack." She smiles and leaves the room.

I stand there for a while just looking around before moving to my suitcase on the bed. The room is pretty big. It even has doors that lead outside to a balcony.

I grab my bag of toiletries and head to the bathroom. I find an empty cabinent and put all my soaps and stuff in them. I take out my toothbrush and put it in one of the holes in the cup that is only occupied by one toothbrush. And that's when i notice the other sink. The sink that has a razor and shaving cream by it. A men's razor and shaving cream.

I shake off the initial shock and continue to put away my other bathroom necessities.

I had just finished putting my stuff away when the door to the other room opens and in walks a guy that can only be described as perfect.

First, i notice his gray eyes, eyes that i can get lost in. Then i notice his thor like dark hair. Finally, my gaze travels down to his chiseled, shirtless, chest.

"See something you like?" He says smirking.

"What? No." I say lowering my eyes and rushing out of the bathroom closing the door behind me.

I have to share a bathroom with him. I don't think this is going to work.