Fearful

Leah: Long red hair. Blue eyes. Skinny. Tall. 16 years old.

Tyler: Shaggy brown hair. Brown eyes. Skinny. Tall. 17 years old.

Ben: Short strawberry blond hair. Blue eyes. Skinny. Average height for a 1 1/2 year old.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Leah Wright is sitting outside in the rain and listening to her parents yell. With her yellow hoody from her boyfriend, Tyler Nelson, she waits for something else to happen. Something else where there is no yelling and no screaming just peace and quiet or a little bit of chatter. She hears a car horn and looks up. Her boyfriend is sitting in his red mustang.

She leaps up from the ground and runs over.

"Why are you ou- .... Oh." He can hear her parents yelling, too. "Go get some dry clothes and then we can go to the mall or something..." He was waiting for an answer. Leah nods and runs inside. She opens her dresser and grabs her miss me jeans and a green long sleeve shirt. She picks up her iPhone that has 3 missed calls, all from Tyler. She smiles. 'At least someone cares about me' she thinks. Leah sprints through her living room and sneaks out the front door. Sliding into the passenger's seat, she sees Tyler leaning in for a kiss. Leah kisses him and turns and looks at the house. Her little brother, Ben, who is 1 and 1/2 is standing by the front door.

"I'll go get him. You stay here, honey." Said Tyler as he stood up to go get Ben. Tyler had a car seat for Ben because if how many times he came to get Leah and Ben came with when their parents were fighting. Tyler buckled Ben up. Leah jumped to the sound of her mothers scream. She ripped the seat belt off and ran inside to find her mother on the floor crying and her father with a fist. A tear streamed down Leah's face. Leah pushed her dad away so hard that he fell down too. She helped her mom up and them got punched to the ground by her father. Tyler ran inside picked up Leah from the ground and snuck out the door.

They went to the nearest Walgreens. Tyler bought an ice pack, water, and candy for Ben, while Leah changed clothes and pulled her red hair up into a pony tail. Most of the Walgreens employees knew exactly what they needed. Everyone knew about the abuse that happened at the Wright house.

"You guys need to tell someone." Suggested many people many times. Leah's response was always, "I don't want Ben and I to be separated if we get put into foster care."

That night Ben and Leah stayed with Tyler at his house. Leah couldn't sleep and neither could Tyler. Ben quickly went to sleep. Leah started to cry. Tyler gently pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her.

"It's going to be ok. Goodnight. I love you Leah." Said Tyler in a living caring voice.

"Goodnight. I love you too." Whispered Leah as she fell asleep.