Chapter 10

Joe pulled into a shitty looking Motel knowing it was the only thing he could afford. He checked in and went into his room. He unblocked Madeline from his phone. 'Hey Madeline, I'm sorry do you want to try this again?' Joe texted.
'Hey Joe it's ok I understand, sure wanna meet tomorrow?'
'Sure what time and where?'
'The bar on Brintion Street, 9:30.'
'Sounds like a plan.' Joe texted back.
***
Ben sat on the couch questing wether or not he did the right thing. He had blocked Joe as soon as he left the house. Why did he freak out? Was it that big of a deal? Ben was fidgety as he decided to unblock him. 'Hey Joe I'm sorry' Ben deleted the text. "No, it's his fault." He shut off his phone and walked outside.
It was nice and cool out. The breeze hit his face gently as he stared at the cloudy sky. He just sat there, and sat there until he heard a car pull in. "Joe I swear to God if you don't-"
"Joe? Who's Joe?" The man asked.
Ben stood up. "Oh sorry Gwilym it's a long story." Ben hugged Gwilym.
"What are you doing here?" Ben asked.
"Just wanted to say hi to my best friend and best man for me and my fiancé's wedding." Gwilym always had a way to make Ben feel better.
"Come on in." Ben and Gwilym walked into the house.
"Anyways Ben who's Joe? Sounds like you don't like this Joe?" Gwilym implied.
"Well he was my roommate for 2 weeks and just kicked him out for some reasons I can't talk about right now." Ben said trying not to tear up.
"Oh, I get it, is this you coming out?" Gwilym asked.
"What?! No! Gwil I am not gay for the last time!" Ben said offended.
"Woah calm down dude I was just asking." Gwilym said sounding pretty upset with Ben.
He started walking out the door. "Call me when you chill out ok Ben." Ben just shook his head trying to comprehend why he was so snappy.