Liam

January's 1989

My name is Liam, and I am from a wealthy family. I am spoil because I live with my parents and they always give me money.

"Liam, I want you to find yourself a
job. An actual job." My father said coldly.

"yes you need to earn your own
money" mom said agreeing to father.

"oh please. I told you already. what's
the use of working I have money!" I said.

"No Liam. you need to find a job. work somewhere or else..." Dad order

"or else" I asked him.

"I will disown you and erase you
from my will." He said coldly.

"No you can't order me to work!" I told him angrily.

"I just did. there's really only one thing that you can do, and that is to find a job as fast as possible. or else you'll have nothing once I die." He said

Ok. I can not argue with them. they
really are like that. they do what
they promise. even though I really
don't want to work; I need to. I don't need the money.

I left the home slap the door close.

After the whole day looking for a job, I got hungry and tired. I saw a coffee shop there. by now I am far away from my place. I went inside feeling angry why do I need a job!

"Hello and welcome to..." The cashier start talking, but I cut her. I don't have time for flirting.

"I'll have a sandwich and an apple juice." I said

"Sure, what size?" She asked.

"big one" I answered.

"ok. you can get your food from this
side" she said.

I paid and wait for my food.

"Your food." A guy said showing me the food ready on the counter.

I take my food to a table, sat on the
chair behind it and put my legs on the chair the other side of the small table that I'm sitting.

"look at him!" The guy whispered to the cashier. I can hear them well.

"I know. the way he's talking and acting is like as if he owns this place look at him!" The cashier whispered back.

"even Dave, the owner doesn't act this way. He cut your sentence!" The guy said.

I just keep eating my food until.

"Hey" a lady who just get inside said while crying.

"Hey Ella, where is your mom?" Said the cashier.

"She she's sick guys. I can't take her to the hospital." Ella replied. Her voice is breaking.

"baby I'm sure something will happen." Said the cashier whilst coming out of the cashier desk and gave Ella a hug. I don't know what happened or is happening to them. I hope my parents die. what's the problem. oh maybe she's illegal, and that's wh she can't take her mom to the hospital! Whatever, it's none of my business.

I bite my sandwich

"Alright I better go. I need to find a job" Ella said

"me too" I replied.

"well, I believe we haven't met
before" turning towards me finally, said Ella.

I've been with a lot of women, but
this one is different

"Well I hope you find a suitable job." Ella said to me before she turned towards the cashier and the guy and say "bye guys"

Even though she's ordinary, she left
with no other word. I need to know who was she, so I got up. The table is messy, but I don't care. their job is to clean it.