Era Three

10/20/2033

So I'm driving down the road with Dad, and this dickhead cuts me off. I'm about to ram directly into his stupid bumper when Dad opens his window and starts cussing his mouth off. Some of those words... I haven't even heard of before.

I wish that man the best, because I believe he's been permanently traumatized by Dad's description of what he'll do to his teeth.

9/28/2035

Roxanne looked gorgeous in her dress tonight. The sea foam green perfectly complemented my own pale pink dress. We danced until our bones hurt, our friends forgotten in the tidal waves of music and light. Where had this angel been all my life?

It didn't matter. What does matter is the slow dance, when her hands were on my hips, mine resting over her shoulders. The music stopped and our lips met for a short while. Dad snapped a photo, being the crazy fella he is. I'll treasure that picture forever, because it's the photo of when I first kissed the love of my life.

08/09/2036

I'm off to the University of Middle Florida. All four of my parents have come to see me off, gathering around the small garden at Mom's house. On my weeks with her, I'd always pick pansies and tie them with floss to make tiny bouquets.

We gather in a group hug before I hop in my car and drive away. The rising sun lights the road ahead of me, which is both a sad and cheerful sight. I'll be starting my new life, truly becoming an adult, but alone. Dad held Mrs. Cheryl's hand tight as I left them behind.

There's guilt hanging steady in the air in my car. I can only pray that they'll get on fine without me.