1. Creatures

Aside from a few bumps in the night and my cousins and I seeing an orb floating in a doorway, my childhood years were pretty uneventful. Yes a few paranormal things occured, but nothing too memorable. Nothing that would really be exciting, and nothing I that I feel is worth noting. That being said, I'm going to skip past into my preteen years, which was when anything of note actually began. Here are stories of the strange creatures I've seen.

Robo Squirrel

One Autumn afternoon, I was in my grandmother's backyard tossing a ball with my cousin, Harley. The ball went over the fence into the neighbors' backyard, who we knew and would go get our outside toys from all the time. We exited the back gate and continued to the front lawn of the house next door. Immediately once we were on the sidewalk in front of their house, something seemed very...off.
The lawn was oddly quiet, but a handful of birds were flying around erratically, chirping loud. The whole aura of the house was extremely unsettling. There was a car parked in front of the sidewalk but it didn't belong to the neighbors. In fact, their car was gone. Harley and I hadn't even made it to the path that led up to their front door when we saw something I'll never understand.
Some type of animal crawled out of the grass beside us and made its way under the parked car. It had the face and body of a squirrel, but no tail, and it was a bit bigger than a squirrel. Almost like somebody who didn't really know what a squirrel looked like attempted to create one. Its arms and legs were curled into its body and it moved very fast. It had jerky motions, like it was a remote control animal. As quickly as the thing appeared, it was gone.
Harley and I immediately searched under the car for the "squirrel", and found nothing after a few minutes. We looked everywhere that it could've gone with no luck. Then, in our shocked and frightened states, we ran back to my grandmother's and told her about what we saw. She didn't believe of, and I wouldn't believe me either.
It's been at least ten years since this happened and as much as I've tried to think of what this thing was, I have no idea. I suppose it is likely that it was a real squirrel who was injured or disfigured, but somehow I know it was something else altogether. Maybe it was an omen, or something bad in disguise. I doubt I'll ever know the answer, but whatever it was sure did terrify us!

Werewolf

     A few years later, I had been up late with my then stepsister, Evelyn. We decided to be rebellious and sneak out of the house. We made it to the middle of the street when some at the end of the road caught our eyes. The street was long and at the end, where it turned off into a corner, there stood a single streetlight. Something monstrous emerged from the darkness. We had foxes where I lived, but nothing bigger. No coyotes, and certainly no wolves roamed the area.

   This beast had to have been six to seven feet tall on all fours. It looked exactly like a wolf, but bulkier and more massive. It bound over to the other side of the street in just two leaps, and back into the darkness. We were mystified. Was there really an animal of this size in our suburban city? I don't know. Like all of these stories, I'll probably never get answers. I don't know what I saw, and I don't believe in werewolves, but I definitely felt uneasy after that. I still wonder why we were dumb enough to finish our walk when that thing could've been stalking us.

3-D Dog

     This last creature story is the most confusing, partly because it's difficult to describe, and party because I don't know if what I saw was what I really saw. If that makes sense. Nevertheless, here goes.
     This was about three years ago. It was dark and I had just left my mom's house when I decided to cruise around a bit before going home. I drove the familiar streets until I got to the other side of town and found myself behind another car.
     The car drove like normal most of the time, until it came up on this certain house. I watched as the car in front of me put on their brakes for a second or two, before speeding away. Weird, I thought. In front of the same house, I looked around for what could've freaked them out and then I saw it. A dog stood in the front long, illuminated by the porch light. The dimensions and proportions on this dog were off. It looked like a normal, black sheepdog at first glance, but I quickly realized what was wrong.
     Its back legs were significantly shorter than its front, causing it to slope backward awkwardly. It didn't look skinny or malnourished or even like a stray, almost like an average dog. What was most mind boggling was the fact that when I drove past it, I realized it was about two inches thick! From the side it looked well fed and healthy, but from behind it looked like it came from a different plane of existence. Its ribs didn't even bulge out or anything.
     I was spooked to say the least. What was that!? I constantly wonder the same thing I did about the squirrel- I hope it wasn't just a regular dog who happened to be disfigured or abused. Again, though, I have this gut feeling that I didn't see just any ordinary dog.

     That is it for my 'Creatures' section, continued reading for more creepy paranormal experiences.