❄️ five ❄️

"i'm home!" taehyung's voice echoed through the hallway as he entered the house but it seems like he wasn't home alone.

as he entered the kitchen, a familiar figure followed close from behind with a small luggage. yerim took a peek at the man hidden behind him and was almost surprised to see jeon jungkook in her house.

"oh, hello." yerim greeted the tall man that just presented himself in their view, greeting back.

"who is this young man, taehyung?" the mother asked as she eyed jungkook from head to toe with curious gaze, causing jungkook to shift under her observation. "your colleague?"

"well, not really. he's a newbie at seoul police headquarters, jeon jungkook." taehyung introduced the man as the latter greeted the two ladies once again, "about his sudden appearance, he's actually from busan, so he had rented an apartment near his place, but the owner of the house was in need for a shelter, so he had to tell jungkook to move out."

"so you're currently homeless?" yerim asked bluntly, and her mother slapped her shoulder in disagreement.

this girl really have no filter for her words sometimes.

"that's not nice of you to say that to him." scold her mum, in which she pouted. she turned to the tall guy standing beside taehyung, "how can the owner do that!"

with both of his hands clasped in front, he politely replied, "it's not a big deal, mrs kim. he gave back the deposit so i can just rent another place."

"yeah, and because of that not big deal, can he stay here for like a week?" yerim's big brother asked this time.

"of course he can! we have to help people in harsh time, who knows when it's going to happen to us." her mom was quick to agree. almost instantly, she shoved her daughter out of her seat, "yerim, go prepare a room for jungkook."

yerim put down the knife in her hand, secretly whining in her head as she obediently made her way out of the kitchen, but returned within a few seconds,

"but we have no vacant room."

her mum dismissed the issue, "eh, wooseok can sleep in taehyung's room, so clean up his room."

"mum, he can just sleep in my room. i have an extra bed anyway." taehyung voluntarily offered his room. it is true that kim taehyung have an additional bed attached to his bed, and it really is useful at times like this.

but their mother, wanting to treat their guest right, disagree with his idea, "that is why it's wooseok that should sleep there. he's rarely home anyway."

"it's alright, mrs kim. i can stay in senior kim's room." jungkook interrupted. not to be rude, but he should not bother the host even more. them agreeing to take him in is already a blessing for him.

he could even sleep in the hallway if they want.

putting his hand on jungkook's shoulder, taehyung spoke, "did i bully you? don't call me senior at home, taehyung, tae, hyung would do."

"ah, okay, sen- i mean, hyung." jungkook felt a bit uncomfortable calling his senior so casually, but he's sure taehyung wouldn't be that happy to be called senior all the times.

"now, get inside and clean up. if you want anything, just ask from yerim or taehyung or wooseok." their mother then gestured them to clean up, which they quickly agreed.

"alright, mrs kim."

❄️❄️❄️

it was late, and yerim was alone in the kitchen because her mother felt a bit unwell due to the hectic day so she went to bed to take some rest. she was still dicing some ingredients for tomorrow's sale when she heard footsteps heading towards her. if it were taehyung, he wouldn't be this quiet. wooseok told her that he's not coming home again for the case he's still handling.