Take on me?

"holy fuck your really alex anderson " He smiled at her shyly and shrugged" is it a big deal to you?" "I mean yes and no" He raised his brow curiously, He looked at her as if expecting her to say more" i mean i loved you in vikings and i saw three of your short films on youtube to help with learning danish i think you are a very good actor and you show the potential for growth in a diverse set of geres i think, from an analyst's perspective i think that if you widen your scope out of europe and into the us not just with your show you'd be amazing, i really think that." She looked at him and that look was back in his eyes again she knew what it was now and it was kind of intimidating to say the least. Her breath caught in her throat and she shifted uneasily on the bench that they were sharing suddenly very aware of how close she was to him. She stood abruptly trying to put some space between them so she could fucking breathe. Her head was in turmoil , but being who she was she played it cool.. ish." so before you knocked me of my feet, literally" she cringed at the joke . -bad idea, dummy now he's going to think you're some psycho fan.-" i was going to get coffee, Do you want to join me?" "Actually , Yes id love to But maybe we could get something a bit more filling than coffee huh?" " Really you're asking me out for food? " she asked incredulously .He tried to hide his amusement but she saw it "hope you like girls with gravy stains and a sweet tooth" he stood up and stepped closer taking back the space hed lost when she panicked. " as a matter of fact i do , you pick the spot and do your worst." She broke into a face splitting grin which he mirrored while shaking his head. "Lili i'm starting to think your not as delicate as your name suggests" "Oh im not " With that he gave a little nod in the direction that lead out of the park and back into the city.

About ten minutes of walking and talking later they walked into a small restaurant that was known for their fast food and drinks they were seated and waited for a waitress so that they could order. They sat in the back of the restaurant for more privacy the waiter arrived and provided them with menus and told them she would be back. She was ready to order half the menu when she remembered that she had to at least decent in front of a new friend . she looked over the menu and was trying to narrow down what she wanted the most when her phone rang. It was Jensen. "excuse me alex" she said quickly and picked up the phone Putting it to her ear " Jensen !! where the fuck are you dude i waited two hours for you" " I know babe im sorry but something came up my girlfriends is having a crisis over her sister's bachelorette party and she said that i couldn't leave her so i stayed im sorry, rain check?" "fine ,i'm actually with someone, A new friend i think" when she said that she and alex made eye contact and she stopped hearing jensen on the other end of the call. "LILI!!" Came sharply through the phone" Huh oh yeah whats up" Who is he?  is he cute ? or is he a she ik you into that. spIll NOW." "Don't you have a rene to pester ? Ill talk to you later dude , thanks for calling oki" she blew a kiss through the phone before she hung up she heard "use a con-" She cut the phone mid sentence and put it back in her bag turning her attention back to the beautiful man in front of her . He brushed his hair out of his face and turned to look out the window for a few seconds before turning his attention back to her. "I'm sorry about that" she was not expecting the next question to come out so frankly" was that your boyfriend?" She blushed crimson, the question coming off a bit on the aggressive side but not possessive just, jealous? Yeah that sounds about right , jealous " no that's my friend from work jensen, we were supposed to meet up but he apparently ditched me for pussy but its fine his girl she needed him you know" A look of slight relief passed over his face . "i actually haven't had a boyfriend in two years , my last boyfriend didn't work out that well for me unfortunately, college flings you know." she gave a forced smile but the hurt she felt from her last relationships messy end was still pretty close to the surface. The waitress picked the perfect time to show up , asking if they were ready to order. Alex answered and placed his order and he looked to her to make her order as well, she ordered he food and the waitress left. "I'm actually starving , thanks for suggesting we came here instead because i probably would have passed out from hunger at the park before i left , it so peaceful over there, its my favorite place in the city right now actually." "i like it too its great for people watching and just clearing your head you know." " People watching huh, what else do you do when you're here in town anyway?" He thought a little "mostly read hang out with friends , pretty boring stuff photography is my main hobbie i play guitar too but its taken a bit of a back seat lately." "multitalented , oki i see you ." he smiled at that then said"how about you?" "I have basically been a hermit since i've come here readings some writing and working out , binging shows do those even count? " she laughed nervously when she saw the raise eyebrow and smile playing at his lips " If you say those are your hobbies  then those are your hobbies."  They laughed at that just then they both took notice of a song that was playing over the sound system. 

The familiar intro made her smile and she tapped her foot saying singing along as the song picked up. Joining in at random intermissions, "talking away i don't know what much sayayy, uuugh i love this song ..... taaaaake me ooooon." she couldn't at this point resist her urge to get up and dance so that's what she did not even feeling the least bit embarrassed thanks to the bottle of wine they had been sharing , she danced horribly around the table snapping her fingers and belting out the words somewhat on key. She grabbed him by the hand puled him to his feet and   they danced like two goofballs around their table not caring who was watching. when the song died down and another they both sat down both impressed with how badly the other danced . In that moment after hanging with tht guy for over an hour she felt like her words from earlier were actually true, she saw him, the person behind the interviews and press the goofy free spirit that honestly was craving the same kind of genuine connections that she was. the connection that she was feeling with him and she hoped he was feeling too." this has been a great afternoon lili, i feel something here and whatever it is i want to explore it i think." she suddenly felt shy again , he just confirmed what she was feeling and she was somewhat afraid and excited at the same time , it was calming when he put his hand on hers and spoke again uncertainty laced his voice " would you be open to that ?" she nodded her head again at a loss fr words for the 100th time this afternoon, "yes i would" she finally forced out the words and he smiled leaning back in his seat visibly relaxing. 

" I should head home " she said finally after they had been speaking about the most random things for the past hour, "I have work tomorrow, and well today was pretty exciting im spent.""Oki we should do this again soon then, here take my number and text me when you get home, or before that its up to you." She grabbed her phone unlocked it and passed to him when he put his number in he passed it back and she saved his name in her phone as -Alex :p- . She stood from their table  after they settled the bill and he stood up after her taking her bag .  he put his hand on her back as they walked out of the restaurant when they were out of the door out on the busy street they stood there in a comfortable silence for a bit just looking out at the city and taking in the cool evening air that was a nice reprieve from the heat of the afternoon.  She was the one to break the silence " well when i finally get my cat this will be a story for the ages. it was very nice to meet you alex." " And you lili, i look forward to getting know you better and meeting that cat." she laughed at that and he smiled. he moved closer to her and pulled her into a hug , she hugged him back , it felt like they stood there forever in each others arms when it had probably been about a minute.  When they pulled away they looked at each other for while longer making eye contact that would have made anyone close enough feel slightly uncomfortable. "See ya around alex " he waved to her"bye lili" with that she turned around and walked off in the direction of her apartment complex. the whole way smiling like an idiot.

                                                **The song at the restaurant - was take on me bye aha**