III. Her Warning

The first 2 days was a whirlwind for her. Yue woke up early to snoop around Dylan's workplace. She snapped some photos and videos. Lunchtime came and gone and then she was back to working on her thesis. The night swims never happened. She was exhausted by the end of the day, so she just stayed in and ordered room service.

By the third day, Yue felt bored. I need a breather. An idea came to her. She dressed up in her best looking attire and walked down to the hotel restaurant where Dylan worked. Time to test my student.

She was escorted to a seat by the window. Within seconds, the waiter came to her table. She looked up and met that pair of soulful brown eyes. She had not met him for two days but he looked just as handsome or even better in his uniform. His hair was neatly combed and she could vaguely see his usual D-chain peeking out. He smiled and winked at her.

"Lunch alone?"

She cleared her throat. "I speak English only. Can you?"

His eyes widened. "What are you doing, Yue Yue?"

"Testing your English. Just to see if I am a good teacher." Ignoring his confused look, she flipped the menu.

"I would like to have a pineapple fried rice and a basil minced chicken, please. Oh and what is this?" She pointed to one item on the menu.

Dylan was looking at her menacingly now. He read "It's sea grapes, our specialty on the 'mur-nyoo'."

She whispered "It's 'mey-nyoo'. Say it again."

"Mey-nyoo. Is that right Shen Yue Lao Shi?" he started to enjoy this.

"Teacher Shen, please. And I would like to have some water."

"Sparkling or still?" Dylan asked with a smile. She was not prepared for such perfect articulation so she ended up staring at him. His boyish yet seductive smile made her heart skipped a beat. It's the Daoming Si smile! Her brain screamed "Look away,  don't get electrified! Or you are doomed." A tiny voice said "Too late."

She cleared her throat and feebly replied, "Still, please. Thank you," closing the menu.

"You are welcome." He took the menu from her and whispered, "How is my English?" She gave him a thumbs up. Speaking at that point would give her away. Her knees were shaking and her hands were clammy.

"I know. I am fast learner." He clicked his tongue.

"Yes, you are." she responded.

He was about to turn away but stopped. He took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it.

"Tonight." He handed her the paper and walked away.

Yue opened it and read "9pm beachfront." She smiled.

——————————

Dylan saw her arriving at the restaurant. She wore a black fluffy dress over a white top and her usual soft red lisptick with her hair pulled back slightly behind. Perfect, he thought. His heart raced as he reached for the menu. When was the last time his heart flutter upon seeing a girl? Shancai, two years ago. Yue Yue reminded him of his Cai.

He did not expect their conversation to turned into an English tutorial lesson. She had been nothing but a delightful surprise. He had a busy and exhausting schedule since he landed. Every night, he would drag his feet to his room and doze off immediately.

Dylan felt so comfortable chatting with her that he forgot he was filming until one of his staff shot him a murderous glare.

He was about to turn away but stopped. He wanted to see her again. He missed their conversation. He took out his notepad and scribbled "9pm. Beachfront" and handed it to her.