chapter 1

Where Life Takes Us

So, first things first; so I can return to the same mindset I had before, I chose to start a new Dragon Ball fanfiction, this time a Semi-self-insert (the protagonist of the story never watched the show but knows about it through his family and friends.)

Also I wanted to say that I'm sorry if the quality of the chapter is not of the same level as my last story, I'm still searching for a beta reader, so I promise that in the meantime I will try my best to give you a good story to the best of my abilities until then, and fix the mistakes when I find a beta reader.

The last thing I want to say: to those of you here who chose to give me a second chance, thank you, and I hope that I can reward your patience as I push out eight to ten chapters to TPTP, I promise to return to SWTHP.

Chapter 1

'Where am I?' was his only thought, his eyes finding nothing but darkness surrounding him. He felt as if he woke from a long slumber, while something wet and soft contracted and pushed him.

"Is anyone there?" He tried to call out, though his words came out as garble, which surprised him to no end.

Suddenly, blinding light and shocking cold surrounded him, and the only thing he could do was a cry in pain. "Where I am? What's happening?!" He tried to scream, but the only thing that left his mouth was more cries as he felt giant hands pass him around. It was at this point that he finally began to notice is own situation.

'Am I... a baby?!' He mentally screamed, but anything else was cut off as the continued motion of being passed around several times was making him nauseous.

"Let me go!" He raged until he was placed in the arms of someone that almost instantly calmed him, the warm sensation had the near-instant effect of sending him to dreamland.

-eight mounts later-

"Who's my strong little man? It's you! Yes, you are, my little Light." A woman cooed as she tickled the squealing baby that at that moment was placed on a soft multicolored blanket on the floor, that was filled with baby toys named Light.

Light had learned soon after leaving the hospital where he was born that this woman, his mother, was named Lois. He could easily identify her by her fair skin, petite frame, silky chestnut brown hair and striking orange eyes that amplified any emotion that was shown on her face.

'Damn this ticklish body, why won't it obey me!? Light screeched in his head as he continued to let out adorable baby laughs that spread through the one-bedroom apartment.

"Honey I'm home!" A loud voice was heard as a lightly tanned man with dark almost black hair entered the apartment, his leaf green eyes, which looked weary from a full day of hard labor, brightened up the moment he heard the voices of his son and girlfriend.

It had been seven months since the ordeal, and Light, with the memories of a twenty-four-year-old man, had come to a couple of conclusions.

First: he was reborn, into what was obviously a very human family. 'Thank goodness I didn't end up reincarnating as a cockroach' had been his first thoughts after this discovery.

Second: It wasn't his original world. He learned after one of the family friends came to visit and hold him close enough to see a humanoid-cat person cooing at him. 'Fuck me' was to this day what he thought of the situation, as that particular person was at the peak of the uncanny valley chart for him.

Finally, he learned that unlike his last life, he got a caring and loving mother and father, that thought the world of him, and in time, he honestly began to love them too.