The Escape From Heaven - Richard A. Woodward

• Dedicated to Zandessa, My Father,

Part I

TABLE OF CONTENTS

The Retelling: Pg. 1 - 7

A Glimpse of Society: Pg. 7 - 19

The Visions Begin: Pg. 20 - 25

Inside the ATM: Pg. 26 - 32

The Hidden Commutation: Pg. 33 - 40

The Reuniting: Pg. 41 - 46

The Disturbing Truth: Pg. 47 - 55

The Tower of Food: Pg. 56 - 59

Let the Games Begin: Pg. 60 - 64

Inside the Forest of The Old: Pg. 65 - 71

What Does Gabriel See?: Pg. 72 - 76

Just Another Day At Work: Pg. 77 - 88

Inside the Machine of Forever: Pg. 89 - 98

The Microcosm of Modiens: Pg. 99 - 102

The Feast Inside the Souls: Pg. 103 - 107

The Good Life: Pg. 108 - 115

The Maze: Pg. 116 - 130

The Interrupted Dinner: Pg. 131 - 133

The Revelations of Daniel: Pg. 134 - 140

The Sickness Begins: Pg. 141 - 148

Part Two

The Solution is Near?: Pg. 150 - 194

The Retelling

"After Wormwood struck Earth in late 2021, the human race came close to extinction, and society and history had come to an end," a little girl of nine says, addressing a crowded school hall filled with her peers, friends, teachers and their families. "To rebuild the human race, the survivors of the Impact had only their memories and bits and pieces of some artifacts from the now-extinct society.

"Life was near impossible, and it only got worse when Satan saw the humans' souls at their weakest, their morale broken. Most were desperate for answers and relief; Satan took full advantage, trying to take over their shattered world completely by assimilating himself as a powerful leader.

"For years, he tricked the suffering humans by offering peace, unity, and wealth for everyone. Most followed the rule of this diabolical leader, not knowing that their wealth and prosperity would come at the greatest price: the forfeit of their souls. Those that didn't join were hunted down. Anyone caught was immediately tortured to expose the locations of others in hiding, and if they didn't give up that information, they were killed.

"All those that were successful in remaining hidden throughout the world prayed for help, only to have their prayers go unanswered." The little girl with auburn hair down below her shoulders went on telling her story to a captive audience, who listened to her words and watched projections of her descriptions being displayed throughout the auditorium.

"For years, this was the fate of the human species, with Satan collecting more and more souls to build up an army for his own personal war against God. While most followed under fear for their lives, some seemed to enjoy inflicting pain on the people that were caught." The audience groaned in disgust. "It seemed all that was ever good on Earth and in the human soul was to be lost, forever." Cries erupted from some of the younger children, and their parents tried to calm them down so the rest of the story could be told. The young girl behind the lectern smiled, continuing.