downtown

[GUS]

you up?

[EMMA]

yes.... why

[GUS]

you should come over

[EMMA]

are you serious? we just met
yesterday after you
accidentally texted me.
no way.

[GUS]

facetime me i swear im
completely serious

GUS

would like to FaceTime...
Accept | Decline

i accept the call out of sheer curiousity, and to my surprise, it was actually the guy in the picture

i accept the call out of sheer curiousity, and to my surprise, it was actually the guy in the picture. i guess some part of me really didn't believe i'd randomly stumbled upon such a cool guy. even as the call connects, and i see his bright beautiful face, i still am questioning whether or not this is real.

"hey boo." gus says, behind the dissipating cloud of smoke. i struggle to speak for a moment, kind of taken aback by his overall aura... but most definitely in a good way.

"wow! you're actually a real human. i like your tats." i say through a smile, mindlessly trying to fix my hair in the process.

"so, do you actually want to hang out? i think i got lucky texting someone as cool as you. i coulda accidentally texted a middle aged white lady, or for that matter, a cop. you dont seem to bad." he takes another hit of his blunt, forming another thick cloud around him.

i laugh. "thanks, i hope i'm at least a little better than a middle aged white women or a cop. real compliment. but... sure, i guess. just, text me your address or something. god, i can't believe this is happening."

"be grateful, it's always a blessing meeting new people! aight, i'll send you the address, let me know when you're close. see ya soon." he says, posing with a wide smile at the camera.

"sounds good, adios gus." i say, as he makes a funny face and hangs up. well, i guess he's not a catfish... although that still doesn't really rule out the fact that he could be a murderer. i mean, he did approach me concerned about a 100k dollar bag, so i know he isn't all wholesome, but something was overriding all of those red flags.

curiosity? was that it?

huh. i guess we'll see what happens.

god, emma, you are so stupid. is all i could think to myself as i put on my favorite sweatshirt and headed towards my car.